what happened in this match

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Well, this is the source from the Chinese Social Media I'm referring to:
IMG_20231203_134944.jpg

The translation using a translator:

The situation of Ni Xialian vs. Matlova
With these questions in mind, the editor also expressed concern directly to Grandma Ni through friends. Grandma Ni Xialian was very nice and explained her situation to me. It turned out that Grandma Ni Xialian was indeed physically ill on the day of the competition and had already requested to abstain from the competition to the organizing committee.However, the organizing committee has stated that they cannot abstain, and they have already been warned once during the Bulgaria race. So Ni Xialian had to pick up her racket and play, losing three consecutive games.

My review
Aunt Ni obtained the right to serve, but her first shot was "purple sand"
When Matlova served, there was no one on the field to argue
Aunt Ni has indeed been coughing all along
http://t.cn/a6l7cgqn http://t.cn/a6l7cgrg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Imo it is malpractice that wtt forces injured or ill players to play as that is dangerous for players long term health.

I understand they don't want withdrawals for no reason but then just get an official tournament physician who looks at players who claim to be injured and decide.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I've seen a number of times a player plays a couple of points, say they cannot continue, and that's the end of it... match over. If injury or illness, I'm not sure why that was not done here. Everything about this is just odd.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Imo it is malpractice that wtt forces injured or ill players to play as that is dangerous for players long term health.

I understand they don't want withdrawals for no reason but then just get an official tournament physician who looks at players who claim to be injured and decide.
One has to read the small- print when signing in for a tournament. At this high level, once you signed the paperwork, your arse belongs to the WTT 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I managed to think of one more reason....

So if she withdraw before the match, her "prize/point" will be of the previous round
since she completed this match, her "prize/point" will be of this round

but since this is a feeder, there is nothing to be exited about
ie 8 point vs 2 points
120usd vs 100 usd

so 6 point and 20usd gain for playing 12 and a half mins

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
20usd is 20usd...

She won't do that

so maybe the rumour of her injury/illness being declined is true and presuming she either failed the doctors check and had to play on or if there was on doctor or her doctors note was not accepted, then this is something for the Athlete Commission to take it further.

Reactions: mihalichtheone