What is the composition of these two Arylate blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi guys!

I've been looking at the Timo boll alc and the innerforce layer al. Can anyone tell me the composition of both of these?

Also, which would be best suited to a game where when I'm serving I load up on the spin and then 3rd ball attack. But then in a rally I will be very much loop and touch play when short.

Thanks! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Great site for researching blade composition:

http://stervinou.net/ttbdb/liste.php

The IF-AL has a softer feel than the TBS (limba vs koto), and the AL vs ALC makes the IF-AL a bit slower and more flexible. It's going to come down to your preference really, but I would say that the IF-AL lacks punch for the 3rd ball attacking part of your requirements. It's a good blade for controlled looping and touch over the table though.

You can't go far wrong with a TBS. What are you using at the moment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Great site for researching blade composition:

http://stervinou.net/ttbdb/liste.php

The IF-AL has a softer feel than the TBS (limba vs koto), and the AL vs ALC makes the IF-AL a bit slower and more flexible. It's going to come down to your preference really, but I would say that the IF-AL lacks punch for the 3rd ball attacking part of your requirements. It's a good blade for controlled looping and touch over the table though.

You can't go far wrong with a TBS. What are you using at the moment?

Thanks Andy. I was looking at the IF AL and Timo boll ALC. I have not considered the Timo boll spirit as apparently it's a bit 'Marmite'.

I want a blade that will be good in looping as well as touch play. But also 3rd ball attack when I serve. I want something that wouldn't be too bad when chopping either. I have a very good chopping motion.
Do you think the stiffer timo boll alc would be better than IF AL?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah, feel free to switch TBS and TB-ALC around. They're pretty much the same bar the handle shape.

Personally, if 3rd ball attacking was very important to me then I'd want a solid blade, powerful blade, and the IF-AL might be a bit limp. The TB-ALC does all offensive things well, and is pretty easy to use for an OFF- blade. I can't say much about chopping because I don't do much of it I'm afraid!