What table tennis rubbers & blade do you use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I just had a good number of games with my Galaxy T11+/Butterfly Solcion(FH) and DHS TinArc3(BH) setup and what a surprise it was. Almost complete control on the Forehand block, counter spin(Slow/Fast) and smash over the table on a low ball. I can try a lot of things but the main aim is to control an aggressive opponent.

says Best setup ever for a modern defender :D
says Best setup ever for a modern defender :D
Jan 2011
As seen on my new signature:

GFoT |Blade : ProTop Arylate FL • FH : DHS 3 NEO MAX • BH : Kokutaku 007 Inner Power Sponge MAX
Crossover to Takeover!
Hi Yosua Ive known that you are quite skilled in the arts of pimples, I would like to know more about your setup and Why did you chose it, also if you can analyze my own setup for a modern defense player

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a new setup. For a long time I was using a Clipper with DHS Hurricane 3 NEO on the forehand and Tenergy 05 on the backhand. A few friends who are pros recommended that a slower blade with softer rubbers is better for someone learning technique. Now they were not actually telling me to change my equipment. They were answering questions I had that were for a friend who was getting a new setup. But I started listening.

My next setup which I used for about 9 months was Stiga Allround NCT with Hurricane NEO forehand and Tenergy 05 backhand. So I listened to what they said about the blade but not the rubber. :)

Then, recently, I decided to listen about the rubber. And I had felt a different blade that is about the same speed and the same weight but the surface is softer for more control, dwell time and spin. So I got that blade, and here is my most recent setup:

Stiga Allround Evolution
FH: Black Xiom Omega IV Pro
BH: Red Xiom Omega IV Europe.

The softer rubber fore forehand (Omega IV Pro is softer than Hurricane) and the even softer rubber for my backhand (Omega IV Europe is softer than Omega IV Pro) have made a huge difference in my game.

The idea that the pros had was this. An all wood blade that is rated Off- or All+ so you can feel the ball better and have good control and touch helps you learn certain things about what to do while the ball is on the surface of the rubber while you are spinning. The softer rubber for letting the ball sink in and developing the touch of mechanical spin for the same reason, will help you develop your technique more than a carbon composite blade and harder faster rubbers. When you already have developed the technique and have good habits and good touch, playing with faster blades with carbon and less feeling is okay and when you have that technique, playing with the harder rubbers works as well. But first, you want to develop the technique and feeling.

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Just received pair of Xiom rubbers , Vege Europe(FH) and Omega 4 Elite(BH) glues to a Peter Freunlieb custom blade (7ply wood) and I am now 100% happy with rubber choice.
I will replace the Tin Arc3 (BH) rubber with the Omega 4 Elite my T11+ (Xiom Vega Europe/Tin Arc3) as it so good for BH push and blocks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a new setup. For a long time I was using a Clipper with DHS Hurricane 3 NEO on the forehand and Tenergy 05 on the backhand. A few friends who are pros recommended that a slower blade with softer rubbers is better for someone learning technique. Now they were not actually telling me to change my equipment. They were answering questions I had that were for a friend who was getting a new setup. But I started listening.

My next setup which I used for about 9 months was Stiga Allround NCT with Hurricane NEO forehand and Tenergy 05 backhand. So I listened to what they said about the blade but not the rubber. :)

Then, recently, I decided to listen about the rubber. And I had felt a different blade that is about the same speed and the same weight but the surface is softer for more control, dwell time and spin. So I got that blade, and here is my most recent setup:

Stiga Allround Evolution
FH: Black Xiom Omega IV Pro
BH: Red Xiom Omega IV Europe.

The softer rubber fore forehand (Omega IV Pro is softer than Hurricane) and the even softer rubber for my backhand (Omega IV Europe is softer than Omega IV Pro) have made a huge difference in my game.

The idea that the pros had was this. An all wood blade that is rated Off- or All+ so you can feel the ball better and have good control and touch helps you learn certain things about what to do while the ball is on the surface of the rubber while you are spinning. The softer rubber for letting the ball sink in and developing the touch of mechanical spin for the same reason, will help you develop your technique more than a carbon composite blade and harder faster rubbers. When you already have developed the technique and have good habits and good touch, playing with faster blades with carbon and less feeling is okay and when you have that technique, playing with the harder rubbers works as well. But first, you want to develop the technique and feeling.

I have been playing with this setup for a little over 2 months now and my level has increased more in the last 2 months than ever before; my rate of improvement is much faster than it had been.