10 Tips To Become A Better Table Tennis Player Quickly | Part 2

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned đź‘€

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned đź‘€
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey everyone! So a few years back we released the 10 tips that will improve your table tennis quickly! Here's the part 2 edition!

What other table tennis tips do you think are key to improving quickly? 👇🏓

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I remember watching the first installment about a year and a half ago when I first started TT and thinking "bah, this is all obvious stuff. Let's watch videos of how to hit a FH like Ma Long instead."

Despite hundreds of hours of coaching and playing since then, I'm still working on my poor recovery, not dropping my hand between shots, and controlling the ball with more feeling rather than rushing to thickly whacking at balls (and usually getting to them way too early).

I'd have been way better off just watching the absolute basics over and over again. Think it's time for me to focus on fixing these one by one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I remember watching the first installment about a year and a half ago when I first started TT and thinking "bah, this is all obvious stuff. Let's watch videos of how to hit a FH like Ma Long instead."

Despite hundreds of hours of coaching and playing since then, I'm still working on my poor recovery, not dropping my hand between shots, and controlling the ball with more feeling rather than rushing to thickly whacking at balls (and usually getting to them way too early).

I'd have been way better off just watching the absolute basics over and over again. Think it's time for me to focus on fixing these one by one.
Yea but you already knew those were problems, right? The issue with these kind of videos is that they point out, as you mentioned, obvious issues but give no mention of how to actually correct them.

Reactions: Fnub and blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Yea but you already knew those were problems, right? The issue with these kind of videos is that they point out, as you mentioned, obvious issues but give no mention of how to actually correct them.
Yeah I agree with that. The video would be a lot more helpful if it also provided the best drills and practicing strategies for fixing the problems.

But sometimes it's nice to be reminded that I'm still a beginner making basic errors by pointing out the obvious. Luckily I have saved all the resources about the ways to correct them and can go back to review.

Or I can totally skip all of that review because I'm pretty sure the conclusion I'll eventually come to is that I need to commit to actually doing shadow training off the table again.

Reactions: Fnub and dingyibvs
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tip 11: when all tip 1 to 10 fail, try pips

Tip 12: Pickleball is good too.
Tip 11... is a good idea after some fundamentals are in order... it only helps make it more intuitive to play vs pips players.

Tip 12: recommend a 4 week ban for mentioning this unmentionable thing.