What's the difference Viscaria old handle vs new handle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
The new one have vertical lines and the old one are made of wood plies.

The new one comes with the black box and the old one was in the blue box.

Is there any difference at all? Which one is better?

dT6KqJS.jpg

TTjGw4u.jpg

Attachments

• dT6KqJS.jpg
    dT6KqJS.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 394
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
But I only have the one with the new handle at my disposal and do not know how the old one feels if it has inferior feel in any way.

Basically I wanted to be assured that the new handle Viscarias are not nerfed in any way at all from the old one apart of just the different handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Has anyone ever had Viscaria with the vertical lines handle and can confirm it's not fake or anything like that and plays almost just about exactly as the wooden plies handle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
The handle with the plies is the new version produced by Butterfly. It's genuine and, in theory, it's all that changed. The one I tried quickly was very powerful and solid. I do prefer the old handle, but as far as the blade plays, they should not be different.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bzing
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The newest ones feel a little faster, but I also think that they always slow down with age, even oddly enough, when they just sit in a drawer for a few years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
The newest ones feel a little faster, but I also think that they always slow down with age, even oddly enough, when they just sit in a drawer for a few years.

I'm glad it's not just me. I've got two of the new handle ones and they feel quite a lot crisper and bouncier than others I've had in the past.