What's the worst blade you've ever used?

This user has no status.
For the ridiculous price and what the Long 5 is cracked out to be... (powerful win the world OFF) that Long 5 shook like an earthquake, was weak as a kitten on anything less than a 120% full body power shot, and had less feel than slimy octopus.
Sad to hear this, so the people who use it in the clubs didn't complain, but i can understand, i didn't have what you said with my Long 5X, maybe it is different design a bit or different performance, i mean i have worse blade than this even from butterfly, a coach who trained me few times short only tested my Long 5X against my old butterfly J. Mizutani ALC and he liked my Long 5X so he took off that JM from me as he couldn't take ML from me, i even sold my ZJK blue dragon to a lady who tried it and my Long 5X, also she liked my L5X more, and played against me using it and i was using Hao III, so bottom line, you were unlucky with Long 5 and i was lucky with Long 5X, i chose it over Long 5 anyway, and good you posted that so i will keep avoiding Long 5, but i will go order a second Long 5X.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Sad to hear this, so the people who use it in the clubs didn't complain, but i can understand, i didn't have what you said with my Long 5X, maybe it is different design a bit or different performance, i mean i have worse blade than this even from butterfly, a coach who trained me few times short only tested my Long 5X against my old butterfly J. Mizutani ALC and he liked my Long 5X so he took off that JM from me as he couldn't take ML from me, i even sold my ZJK blue dragon to a lady who tried it and my Long 5X, also she liked my L5X more, and played against me using it and i was using Hao III, so bottom line, you were unlucky with Long 5 and i was lucky with Long 5X, i chose it over Long 5 anyway, and good you posted that so i will keep avoiding Long 5, but i will go order a second Long 5X.
As far as I know, these blades are noticeably different from each other in different generations. The flexibility of the blade is greatly affected by the absence of longitudinal carbon fiber threads in the first versions, which apparently was what was playing Der_Echte.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I didn't like Andro Blax Off at the time because it had no power and I couldn't land the finishing blow. In addition, my blade and my teammate's blade broke in the same place near the handle because the manufacturer made the inner layer from pieces and the joint of both blades was on the chord.
I also didn’t like Butterfly Bastian Steger. It was positioned as similar to Korbel, but was much slower and with less control, possibly due to anigre in the outer layers.
There was also a blade that I was not ready for then and hated, and which I would really like to play with now. This is Butterfly VSG-2000. Interesting knob for reducing vibration and the feeling of lack of feedback or vibration. Perhaps someone is playing with this now or has the opportunity to try it, please answer.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I saw this article about the top ten table tennis blades. I found it strange that they included Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon on the list. That was probably the worst blade I've ever tested. Absolutly terrible blade with terrible feeling. Here is a link to the article: https://pingsunday.com/top-10-table-tennis-blades-excellent-quality/#comment-4798

What is the worst blade you've ever tried?
worst blade for me is the stiga carbonado 45. H3 bs neo prov 42 degs on fh and 09c on bh. Bh was the worst aspect of the blade, both wings were way too head havy, no feeling at all, even with such grippy rubbers. For bh it was a one hit wonder, if the first shiot landed, but the olpponent gets it back, you're done. Most head heavy blade I've tried, heavier than hl5 and fang bo. For FH the core is hollow and no feeling, decent for fh counter spinny topspin tho, maybe cuz of the hard sponge, the blade was absolute crap, can't believe sun yingsha used it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I hate blade that are neither here nor there. Those middle of the road try to be everything for everyone ended up feeling dull and uninspiring.

Example: Stiga Offiensive Classic.
Second this! Had the exact samen feeling with Stiga OC.

This user has no status.
As far as I know, these blades are noticeably different from each other in different generations. The flexibility of the blade is greatly affected by the absence of longitudinal carbon fiber threads in the first versions, which apparently was what was playing Der_Echte.
That is the case then.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
Second this! Had the exact samen feeling with Stiga OC.
Kinda of i don't like Stiga blades in general, i had one that is damaged and i tried two of other players and both i didn't like even with Tenergy 05 or Dignics on them, so i decided i could buy 100 blades and none from Stiga.