Which brands are most popular in each country?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
In France :
1. Tibhar (for sure)
2. Donic
3. Butterfly
4. Andro
5. Joola
6. Banco
Etc...

For the first 4 places it's pretty clear, for the following ones it's more complicated and it can vary. But at least you have an overall idea of the market.
Be careful, popularity does not mean sale. Butterfly is popular but in the end few people are ready to accept their exorbitant prices.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
In my region, I see a surprising amount of Donic being used in relativity to Tibhar, Nittaku. Ofc Butterfly is the strongest though

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
In France :
1. Tibhar (for sure)
2. Donic
3. Butterfly
4. Andro
5. Joola
6. Banco
Etc...

For the first 4 places it's pretty clear, for the following ones it's more complicated and it can vary. But at least you have an overall idea of the market.
Be careful, popularity does not mean sale. Butterfly is popular but in the end few people are ready to accept their exorbitant prices.
I've never even hard of Banco.

I was thinking that maybe Cornilleau or French brands might be popular in France. Japanese brands like Nittaku, Victas, Yasaka seem to be much more popular in Japan. and I'm just guessing Xiom is popular in Korea, but not sure about Nexy.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
1. Butterfly Tenergy / Dignics coz 50% of WTT circuit pros uses it and players love to emulate their idols, no marketing & advertising required. Pure endorsement moves the product.

2. Donic coz it is cheaper relative to Tenergy / Dignics and my national team is sponsored by them. The marketing team of Donic is more active in Malaysia. Whadaya know? Advertising and Marketing works!

3. Nittaku: Popular amongst the oldies perhaps for nostalgic reason.

4. H3 and its variant because it's cheap ( the commercial variant ) and is popular amongst school kids coz its easy on the pocket of parents.

5. Other brand not mentioned means their presence is not that great.

6. A special mention about Xiom. It's getting some love and attention amongst player. They do have some great product, and if they do their homework, they might just be make their presence felt.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
1. Butterfly Tenergy / Dignics coz 50% of WTT circuit pros uses it and players love to emulate their idols

2. Donic coz it is cheaper relative to Tenergy / Dignics and my national team is sponsored by them. The marketing team of Donic is more active in Malaysia.

3. Nittaku: Popular amongst the oldies perhaps for nostalgic reason.

4. H3 and its variant because it's cheap ( the commercial variant ) and is popular amongst school going kids.
yeah I see a lot of Donic videos come out of Malaysia, wasn't really sure why.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
In France :
1. Tibhar (for sure)
2. Donic
3. Butterfly
I am quite intrigued by the fact that Tibhar is very popular in France. IIRC, when I read other TT forums (long time ago) even Tibhar IV-L was very popular among beginners there. Tibhar IV-L is a very basic blade, consists only of 4 ply of Ayous. Even for a pro such as Mr. Lebesson, he is using Tibhar Lebesson, which is ALL+ allwood blade. Also Tibhar Chila and other blade that is shaped like a violin, are used by Patrick Chila and Damien Eloi (please pardon my spelling).

While here (in my country), no one ever look at IV-L, and only few into Samsonov Alpha or Samsonov Premium Contact. We are talking about beginners. For intermediate players and above, SPW, Force Pro Black, VS Unlimited, etc. are more popular.

What made Tibhar so popular there? Sponsorship? Marketing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Japan - Butterfly
China - DHS
France - Tibhar
every other country - whichever top player they admire
:D
Japan for sure Butterfly, I'm guessing Nittaku is #2 and #3 is Yasaka? Victas?

China for sure DHS is #1. I'm guessing Friendship is #2, maybe Yinhe is #3?

And I'd also like to hear why Tibhar is so popular in France.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Japan for sure Butterfly, I'm guessing Nittaku is #2 and #3 is Yasaka? Victas?

China for sure DHS is #1. I'm guessing Friendship is #2, maybe Yinhe is #3?

And I'd also like to hear why Tibhar is so popular in France.
Because of Felix and alexis lebrun, the two brothers that completely dominate French competition, and global. One is penhold, one is shakehand, and they are both sponsored by Tibhar, which is why people like using it in france. It is who they are represented by. Similar to how alot of people use Hurricane Long 5 W968 because ma long uses it

Not Yinhe? I see a lot if Russian Yinhe videos
That's because YouTube does not equal real life...most youtubers do reviews on cheaper rubbers because they're searching for alternatives for Butterfly rubbers giving advice to us, (mostly) poor Russian folks.

Most high level players use Tenergy/Dignics nowadays.
Some very top sponsored pros use Donic.
And others are regular Rasanters/Tibhar MXPs.

For some reason one VERY popular blade to choose these days is Butterfly Timo Boll ZLF. And of course Viscarias etc.

Almost nobody plays with Chinese(tacky) rubbers on higher level, mostly tensors.

When someone sees what I play with (boosted TG-2 on the FH these days) they're like (☉_ ☉)
And I'm like ( ͡⌐■ ͜ʖ ͡-■)

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Because of Felix and alexis lebrun, the two brothers that completely dominate French competition, and global. One is penhold, one is shakehand, and they are both sponsored by Tibhar, which is why people like using it in france. It is who they are represented by. Similar to how alot of people use Hurricane Long 5 W968 because ma long uses it
Tibhar has been very popular in France way way way back before Lebrun brothers appearing on the world stage.

Like I mention previously, from forums that I read back in the days (few has ceased to exist), Tibhar has been very popular in France. Even Tibhar IV-L (the most basic blade) was popular among beginners.

So Tibhar must have done something right over there.

Reactions: Equaaz
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Not Yinhe? I see a lot if Russian Yinhe videos
Yinhe (Mercury 2) is popular amongst beginners-amateurs. But these three completely dominate. I think you will agree that there are several types of rubbers like ESN, Japanese, Butterfy, Chinese. And the first three are pretty similar. While the Chinese rubbers are completely different from each other. Even two Jupiters 2 in the same hardness may not be the same. So, the reviewers(they are amateurs) are just interested in new Yinhe products

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
In Germany it depends on where you live. Mainly because the largest stores try to sell their own brands.
Contra = Gewo, Schöler&Micke = Andro, Sport Schreiner = Donic. Don't know how well Butterfly or Tibhar do here overall but there are way more players using Butterfly blades or rubbers than e.g. Yasaka, Xiom or Victas. DHS and Friendship but also Stiga are nearly non-existing at least where I live.

Reactions: Equaaz

NDH

says Spin to win!
I see no one has answered from the UK yet, but I'd be curious to know what others over here think.

For us UK folk, we are severely limited if we want to buy from a UK based retailer.

Tees Sport are predominantly Butterfly (although they do have other stuff), and Bribar is predominantly Tibhar.

So for that reason, I'd say Butterfly and Tibhar are the top 2 by some margin.

After that it's a mix of Chinese stuff (no obvious front runner here), and probably Stiga, which feels like it's hanging on to it's small share of TT by the smallest of threads.

I'd imagine the most widely used brands are simply dictated by the regions suppliers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
A lot of replies are saying DHS defo dominates in China, I'd say it's slightly more complicated than that.

For rubbers DHS H3 is the most popular FH rubber without question. However for BH, in the past years it has been predominately ESN-alike rubbers like Tenergy. It only became popular recently to use softer H3 for BH, largely due to Ma long started to use this configuration.

For blades, the only "popular" DHS blade is probably W968. AFAIK European/Japanese blades are far more popular among intermediate-above players. In fact except for Ma long who uses W968, the whole Chinese national team use European/Japanese blades like Butterfly or Stiga etc..

For recreational players, 729/Friendship/Double Fish/Yinhe are very popular, but I assume that's not of interest in this thread.