Which Evolution rubber should I choose for my backhand?

This user has no status.
Hi!

This Christmas I have decided to give Tibhar Evolution series a try. I have decided that I'll buy MX-P for my forehand, as everybody says that it is a really good choice, but the problem is that I don't know which one I should choose for my backhand. First, I thought to try MX-P both for my FH and BH, but, now, I have doubts about it (mainly whether to choose MX-P or EL-P).

What would you recommend?

PS: Now I play with Stiga Carbonado 190, Tenergy 05 (FH) and Tenergy 80 (BH)

I leave a video of mine just in case you want to check it out! I am the one with green shoes (Butterfly Lezoline Sonic)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Your level is decently high. You should be able to use either. I like the idea of EL-P as well.

I am using MX-P on both sides and I never had a problem with it. But I think my backhand might be better off with something a small amount softer anyway. Your level is higher than mine. But you are using something slightly softer for backhand right now. I think EL-P is a good idea. But, either will work well for you.

It will take an hour or so of training to get used to the difference between Evolution series rubbers and Tenergy rubbers. But they are both outstanding rubbers.

I tried EL-P from a friend in the team, and I used it immidiately after using my H3 so no adaptation time. I couldn't play with it for 2 reasons. One is it was so slow that shots wouldn't pass the net and second it made something like vibration that made me feel something went wrong with the contact with the ball and I subconciously cut it short . I remember same kind of feedback from tenergy 05 but it would kick in with much stronger shots and it didn't bother me.

Reactions: jonurkel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You will get some more useful replies.

I am not sure switching from H3 to EL-P is a good way to judge things unless the person spent a few months learning entirely different techniques. And if that same person had trouble with Tenergy even if he felt the catapult, it says something.

For Many, it is really hard to switch from rubbers like H3 to rubbers like Tenergy or Evolution or vice versa.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

What does it say ?
Although I don't entirely understand your post .. I play one technique which is the most common with inverted rubber on both sides. I didn't have trouble with Tenergy, I played with it from a friend in the team. Also, I had the same experience with the EL-P on the backhand (Sigma I eu is the rubber I'm used to on the backhand).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What does it say ?
Although I don't entirely understand your post .. I play one technique which is the most common with inverted rubber on both sides. I didn't have trouble with Tenergy, I played with it from a friend in the team. Also, I had the same experience with the EL-P on the backhand (Sigma I eu is the rubber I'm used to on the backhand).

The technique for looping with H3 is different from the technique you use for looping with Tenergy or EL-P.

But if you tried EL-P on BH too and it didn't work for you, it is possible that there was something off with the one you tried.

I see this statement:

I didn't have trouble with Tenergy, I played with it from a friend in the team.

And earlier you said:

I remember same kind of feedback from tenergy 05

So it seems you say two different things. And in the first post it seemed that you said the sponge on Tenergy had that kind of feedback you did not like. So I assumed that since you also say:

I used it immidiately after using my H3 so no adaptation time.

That you are used to H3 and not to the spring sponge type rubbers and that must be why the spring sponge rubbers felt odd with "something like vibrations" you didn't seem to like. Here:

I tried EL-P from a friend in the team, and I used it immidiately after using my H3 so no adaptation time. I couldn't play with it for 2 reasons. One is it was so slow that shots wouldn't pass the net and second it made something like vibration that made me feel something went wrong with the contact with the ball and I subconciously cut it short . I remember same kind of feedback from tenergy 05 but it would kick in with much stronger shots and it didn't bother me.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
I tried EL-P from a friend... I couldn't play with it for 2 reasons. One is it was so slow that shots wouldn't pass the net and second it made something like vibration that made me feel something went wrong with the contact with the ball and I subconciously cut it short .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Ups sorry I was attempting to quote Square Ball but I fired up early.

I felt the same way when I first started with EL-P. In fact I had to re-glue it twice before the vibrations went away. I always blame the vibrations on a poor gluing job, rather than the rubber itself, but after seeing your comment, you made me wonder...

I would say, speed is an issue if you prefer a more direct contact, however spin wise is an excellent rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Ww, you play to a good level, but for you I think the fx-p will be too slow, for me it bottomed out regularly, even close to the table with my third ball, plus it was soft - softer than a Yinhe Mercury 2, and it just didn't suit me. The EL-P is your best bet (my current Bh) and it pays pretty well, excellent control, decent speed, and good enough spin, it still bottoms out, but not regularly and it feels nice. I haven't used the MX-S, so you will have to check with someone like Nextlevel (he changed it though). And the MX-P was a bit too fast, but I might go back too it and tell you what I think later.
Overall though, for your level, I would go for the EL-P or MX-P.

This user has no status.
Thank you guys. You know what? The official Spanish Tibhar supplier is selling Evolution series for 36€ right now as a Christmas deal, so I'll probably buy 2 MX-p and one EL-P and try all the combinations to see which is the most suitable one for me.

However, I want to thank you all for your replies, and tell you that this post is being interesting, so we could continue discussing about this series of rubbers here!

I have been checking what rubbers TIBHAR sponsored players (Paul Drinkhall, Chen Chien an, Vladi...) use, and it seems that most of them use Evolution MX-P on both sides. The question is... do you think that there is a version of these rubbers that only those sponsored players can manage to get? I mean, a pro version, as we know that happens with Hurricane or Tenergy series (probably)

Waiting for you replies!

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
And as I see that you are enjoying the video that I have posted before, here I leave you another video of one of our previous league matches. Unfortunately, we lost 1-5 this match, but there are some good points in the video. I think that you will enjoy the end of the video :D

However, you could check the channel yourself if you like the videos. We upload videos weekly (matches, best points...)

Thank you!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Before I saw the vid I saw Carl's comments and imediately was ready to say FX-P. That rubber is so dynamic on BH... and you COULD still use it. However, after watching your vid and seeing you are blocking and punching mostly on BH in those highlights, I would say no question go for MX-P. You do that often at a distance and you will value MX-P for that for sure.