Which is better value for money Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I am an equal opportunity dude. The last year my FH rubber has been a Donic rubber and 80 percent of my match uniforms professionally lettered have been Donic.

Aurus actually performs and lasts in the manner I describe, That is shytty for anyone selling equipment as such want short lived rubbers to get frequent sales.
Did you say Donic?
Did you really say Donic?
I heard you say Donic!!!

Now we can even be Family!
f3575f7f-d544-4b56-9f6b-5e66eedd01cb.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would suggest T05 if your level is not that high.
but of course, everyone is a pro and very high level in there heads, so they are "fine" with D05

In fact T05 is maybe too "advance" for many users already.

D05 is maybe 10~20% more durability, which equates to 3 to 5 days more in my side of the world, which is "the same" to me, as when T05 is + 1 day, while D05 is - 1 day, it is the same amount.

Even some pros don't want to use D05, as they prefer the arc of T05, and would opt for the harder T05 Hard.

IMO, if you are on a forum asking about T05 or D05, it means your level is not there yet.
If your level is there, you won't mind the extra price or deem if you "wasted" money buying a D05 that you don't like, since, Butterfly users have a lot of cash, and the rubber must be replaced after 120 or so hours of use if you a pro, or maybe double that is if you are not a pro.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Its cheaper than butterfly though, and it lasts longer than brands like Tibhar. All ESN rubbers are overpriced, just Joola have some of the best rubbers. Thats just my opinion though.
For me it's Donic, best rubbers. Their later gen rubbers don't last very long but have incredible performance, Bluestorm and Bluegrip are more affordable and give top performance.

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
If you can handle the hard sponge, t05 can’t compete with d05. More spin, more grip, better for counter.
If you can’t (which honestly most amateurs can’t…), t05 will be better for you. Easier to spin, more catapult, better when out of position
no.....
T05 have better top end gear than d05. T05 is also better at punching and blocking. D05 is really only better at low-med strength mini counter.
D05 also last like forever while t05 will degrade a bit quicker but bty have better lifespan than any other esn rubber.

May 2018
I can appreciate that it doesn't make sense to someone who doesn't play at a high level and who struggles to spin the ball.

But that's OK - My comment was aimed at those people who can make the most of T05 and D05.

If you can't make the most of the rubbers, you should be looking at something else - Especially if you want "value" from your rubbers.
A fresh sheet of T05 have a better top end compare to a fresh sheet of d05. I'ved used both rubber extensively. Dan also have similar conclusion on his review on d05

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Your a jersey EJ @Der_Echte - always look great though :cool:
I think in 2023, I bought and professionally lettered 8 or 9 different Donic uniform jerseys, along with two tracksuit tops for my team members.

There is just something about every player on your team or your self wearing professionally lettered unforms with your name and nation on the back. You just look and feel more presentable and have more fun everywhere you go.

I insist on the entire team buying the same uniform or they are not on the team.

Fortunately, you can get any of the Donic uniforms for $25 max, sometimes less cost and it costs $10 to letter them. Win-Win.

Reactions: jammmail
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That was for myself... I must have purchased at least 40 Donic uniforms in 2023 for other players as well. They see a good looking uniform at $25 before lettering that looks better than the $60 BTY ones and want one, so I order from tabletennis11.com then more players see them and want them. I must have bought out their entire inventory of Atlas and Calibre ones before they re-stocked.

Reactions: jammmail

NDH

says Spin to win!
A fresh sheet of T05 have a better top end compare to a fresh sheet of d05. I'ved used both rubber extensively. Dan also have similar conclusion on his review on d05
Hey Scrub,

What level do you play at (any video of you?)

I just watched Dans review and I’m not sure where you saw him say T05 has a better top end?

T05 is more reactive, so passive shots are faster.

But D05 has more spin, control, lower arc, better blocking, better touch and for 99% of players will be the better option.

If you are at a level where you can maximise T05 to the fullest and never have a bad game, perhaps it’s the best rubber for you (although I’d still argue D05 is better).

But there’s a reason why nearly all the Pros have switched to D05….and it’s not because the rubber lasts longer 😅

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Hey Scrub,

I can answer that. He is 2100 USATT (2167 was his best rating). That is pretty good, however nowhere near the level of Dan or most of the other TTD guys (Tom, Dane, Ringer etc.). He could probably beat the chairman. Not sure how he would fare against the Gaffer.

Reactions: NDH

NDH

says Spin to win!
I can answer that. He is 2100 USATT (2167 was his best rating). That is pretty good, however nowhere near the level of Dan or most of the other TTD guys (Tom, Dane, Ringer etc.). He could probably beat the chairman. Not sure how he would fare against the Gaffer.
Solid.

It would be interesting to hear more about why he thinks T05 has better top end.

Unless he simply means out and out speed?

If so, I think I'd agree with him (although the very slight increase in speed is 1. Too fast for most players and 2. Doesn't make up for the shortcomings in every other area vs D05).

May 2018
Hey Scrub,

I just watched Dans review and I’m not sure where you saw him say T05 has a better top end?

T05 is more reactive, so passive shots are faster.

But D05 has more spin, control, lower arc, better blocking, better touch and for 99% of players will be the better option.

If you are at a level where you can maximise T05 to the fullest and never have a bad game, perhaps it’s the best rubber for you (although I’d still argue D05 is better).

But there’s a reason why nearly all the Pros have switched to D05….and it’s not because the rubber lasts longer 😅
pros don't use d05, they use d09c. D05 is almost obsolete. when domi use d05 he hated it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I probably have one of the most expensive setup (Viscaria/T05/T05) for a beginner because a good friend/player recommended. As a 4.5 NTRP tennis player, I see a lot of similarities between the two sports. Techniques, physical health, mental maturity, and EJ. Two months into this new sport, I have noticed dramatic improvements. Perhaps, it is all due the equipment or maybe my athleticism from tennis carried over. I feel that once a player reaches a certain level, he/she can play with any setup granted it will feel different. With that in mind, why not learn and adapt to playing with the cheapest equipment you can tolerate rather than going the other way if your livelihood does not depend on it?

This user has no status.
pros don't use d05, they use d09c. D05 is almost obsolete. when domi use d05 he hated it.
Yeah, overall, d09c is a better rubber. It has better grip on the ball as well as 'bite' on it. This is very nice to counter and spin with.
Who is domi?

I think qiu dang, harimoto, some others use D05
Dimitrij Ovtcharov?

He uses 09c on both sides now. So does Qui Dang and Timo Boll. Harimoto and Franziska may still be rocking the double D05 but you can never be certain.

I think that initially a lot more people used D05, as they veiwed it as a direct upgrade from Tenergy. After a while, more and more drifted over to 09c as the 'hybrid faze' glazed over pros.

Only drawbacks to 09c is maybe its durability( still much longer than other hybrids, rest assured) but that isn't a problem to pros.

Let the 09c zombie apocalypse take over pros bats.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yeah, overall, d09c is a better rubber. It has better grip on the ball as well as 'bite' on it. This is very nice to counter and spin with.

Dimitrij Ovtcharov?

He uses 09c on both sides now. So does Qui Dang and Timo Boll. Harimoto and Franziska may still be rocking the double D05 but you can never be certain.

I think that initially a lot more people used D05, as they veiwed it as a direct upgrade from Tenergy. After a while, more and more drifted over to 09c as the 'hybrid faze' glazed over pros.

Only drawbacks to 09c is maybe its durability( still much longer than other hybrids, rest assured) but that isn't a problem to pros.

Let the 09c zombie apocalypse take over pros bats.
I remember 2 years ago I made the prediction that more and more pros would switch over to D09c or other hybrids.

I was attacked as being clueless on TTD.

Reactions: PaddyPolar