Why Ma Long 5 Price Differences - $249.95 vs. $161.15

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Paddle Palace is so lame. I can't believe anybody buys from them still
I don't buy from Paddle Palance anymore. The only recent purchase from them is a recycling net. And that's it....nothing else.

Recently, my Revolution 3 500ml bottle from TT11 is barely sticking any rubber on my laquered blades. I had to buy Butterfly Free Chack Pro II from Megaspin.

I bought a Butterfly Europa and a Joola tour 2500 tables from Megaspin since they have it at great prices. TT11 with all the shipping cost does not exactly have great deals shipping tables to N. America.

So TT11 for everything. Aliexpress for cheap Chinese stuff. Dandoy if I want to get Xiom Vega X and Rakza 7 soft for the cheap and do not want to spend $300 to get 30% discount from TT11 (Dandoy has run their "weekly" special on Xiom Vega X and Rakza 7 soft for like 3 months already. lol!). Megaspin if I want to get tables and Butterfly stuff on a pinch. Paddle Palace....is useless at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
I use revolution 3 and I always seal the blades. I use ordinary woodworking varnish mostly the hard and shiny variant. I always rough the surface after sealing, never have a problem it sticks perfectly. One layer on blade and two on rubber.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I use revolution 3 and I always seal the blades. I use ordinary woodworking varnish mostly the hard and shiny variant. I always rough the surface after sealing, never have a problem it sticks perfectly. One layer on blade and two on rubber.

Cheers
L-zr
I responded on the glue thread. I don't know. I used the 250ml bottle of Revolution 3 normal (which is the least viscous version). It worked ok. Not the best. So I ordered a 500ml bottle of Revolution 3 normal from TT11 and that one sucked big time. I cannot get three sets of rubber to stick on two different blades. So I had to order Butterfly Free Chack Pro II from Megaspin.

Sorry, time is money. Money is time. I cannot waste time having rubber literally falling off my blade when I am playing at the club. So for sure no more Revolution 3 glue for me in the future. C'est la vie. I don't care I got a bad batch or not. I will spend my money elsewhere. And I don't care what reviews about Revolution 3 glue I see here. When I have big bottle of 500ml sitting there, useless, I will spend my money elsewhere.

That one is a bit runny I agree, but the water (I think its water based) will evaporate with time and make it more viscose. Its possible that it has separated and what you get is extra thin…
Turn it over and let it sit on its head then turn back. Do this every couple of days (or weeks). Then try it again in a couple of months.

I always store paint cans on their heads for the simple reason that the contents acts as a sealer and very little air can enter. I do the same with glue containers…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
That one is a bit runny I agree, but the water (I think its water based) will evaporate with time and make it more viscose. Its possible that it has separated and what you get is extra thin…
Turn it over and let it sit on its head then turn back. Do this every couple of days (or weeks). Then try it again in a couple of months.

I always store paint cans on their heads for the simple reason that the contents acts as a sealer and very little air can enter. I do the same with glue containers…

Cheers
L-zr
Ok, I will turn that 500ml bottle upside down for a while. Let us see if I can salvage that bottle! In the mean time, I will be using Free Chack Pro II.

Reactions: Lazer
Ok, I will turn that 500ml bottle upside down for a while. Let us see if I can salvage that bottle! In the mean time, I will be using Free Chack Pro II.

One more thing, the thin liquid makes the drying take longer time. I don’t like the wait so I always carefully use a hot air gun.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
One more thing, the thin liquid makes the drying take longer time. I don’t like the wait so I always carefully use a hot air gun.

Cheers
L-zr
Since I am testing a lot of blades and rubbers combination each time, if I can help it, I let the rubber and the blade sit overnight. I have so many blades out at once, I am not in too much of a hurry!

Since I am testing a lot of blades and rubbers combination each time, if I can help it, I let the rubber and the blade sit overnight. I have so many blades out at once, I am not in too much of a hurry!
If you are talking about glue drying that would probably be too long. As soon as it becomes transparent it is ready.

Cheers
L-zr

Maybe I let it dry for too long? Like overnight?

I really don’t know but I stick it on there as soon as it gets transparent, but that could be a reason.

Just save some leftovers an try on any price wood and you’ll know.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: JJ Ng
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Fckng REALLY, ML5 price difference in triple digit USD... JUST for the DAMNED BLADE ???!!!
You sukas really wanna whine and talk that dead horse all the way to Hadeaz ???!!!

TT11 always has a rolling 10% discount on stuff and if you buy 300 Teuros of stuff you get another damn 30%...

So I recently ordered and received a small pile of Donic Persson Power Play V1 St blades... and slap on sheet of Z3 and Aurus Soft... You got a bat (21 + 35 + 27) for 83 damn US Dollareors... and comes in at under one damn sheet of Tenergiez or Diginiskiz...

And you take this bat with slower speed and modern dynamic control oriented soft sponged rubbers and you can literally POUND the damn ball and still land it... all for a measly 83 USD and U can get ur damn high match level back after a few months of trying and focus...

AND... we are trying to talk about sun damn obscure price difference among vendors for a FREEKING FANBOY blade ???!!!

Man, TTD members on the whole (90% PLUS of them who unceasingly talk on these threads) are freeking insecure immature narcissistic sociopath EJs with NOTHING DAMN BETTER to do with their time than to Beech about a price difference of a fanboy blade rather than play way better at a fraction of the cost. (But hey, you have the right to waste ur time and energy on sum shyt that doesn't work well for U)

Go suck on ur left toe that excreets stanking puss and get all slobbery high talking about ur favorite fanboy setup and you NEVER crack California 1400 USATT U idealistic fanboy zombie obedient sukas you.

Der_Echte OUT.

Gesundheit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hclnnkhg
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
To keep the irrational conversation real... anyone with money is fully authorized to spend their personal funds for any legal and moral purpose of their choice... that is FREEDOM... however, it is said that there is something about fools and money and the end state of how much money they end up with or something to that effect... so I read sumwherez.