Why use Hurricane 3??

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yet even though the topsheet is tacky and sticky, the sponge is very hard and i get no spin from the sponge like i did with tenergy.

By the way, what I would suggest you try is one of two things:

Either don't use your sheet any more because it is obviously not working for you and that is worth understanding. Or:

Go to the hardware store and get Torch Oil and go to the drug store and get Baby Oil. Apply the Torch Oil and the Baby Oil to the Sponge until it expands. Apply both as though you are applying glue. When you can see the sponge has expanded, put glue on and see how it plays. It may make it feel better although it will not fix the sheet completely. And what I just suggested is against ITTF tournament rules. So it is just an experiment.

I would also use Rubber Cement (Best Test brand or Elmers) rather than water based glue for this test. Water based glue will work. But you will get something different from using rubber cement which is what the old glue was before they banned VOCs. It is not speed glue but it has VOCs in it.

If you do that, the H3 NEO might play a little better and you would have something to use for training until you were ready for a tournament and then you switch to something you can use in a tournament. Then, at least you did not completely waste your money on the rubber.

Reactions: splasher78