World Championships of Ping Pong 2015

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
World Championship of Ping Pong, 24-25th January 2015, Alexandra Palace, London, England

One of the first major events of 2015 has commenced, the World Championship of Ping Pong whereby 64 players (both men and women) compete over two days for a $100,000 prize-fund. The sport is ping pong using traditional sand paperbats. Televised live on Sky Sports. This unique competition will have a staggering prize fund of $100,000 prize!

worldchampionshipsofpingpong2015.jpg

Centre Court

Follow all the results here: http://www.worldchampionshipofpingpong.net/fixtures.htm

Prize Fund

The $100,000 prize fund will be distributed as follows with 48 of the 64 players earning prize money.

Winner: $20,000
Runner up: $10,000
Semi-finalists: $5,000
Quarter-finalists: $3,000
Last 16: $2,000
Last 32: $1,500

Knocked out at double elimination with one win $500

Will Russia's mighty Maxim Shmyrev (pictures below) win for a fourth time in a row? Or will he be stopped in his tracks?

maximshmyrev2015.jpg

Verified pro TableTennisDaily member @Gavin Rumgay is playing in the event!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular event! Who are you supporting in this event?

Photos by: worldchampionshipofpingpong.net
Any live stream links you find please post below.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Hi TThopeful that hopefully<  means it will be more competitive and exciting out of interest which players have been practicing , who else do you think has a good chance at winning?

I think Gavin Rumgay has a chance as he fights so hard. Chris Doran from England is playing well I think. Last years finalist Ilija Lupulesku will go far to.

Reactions: RIPPER

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This event is doing so well is great idea i would like to see a new winner, ill be cheering for gavin rumgay all the way! Watch out for the geese tribute and the underpants

I've just been told on twitter by @martinperry9 that Gavin has already pulled off his trademark 'Do The Rumgay' in the group stages!

B8HuSNsIUAAYif9.jpg

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I've just been told on twitter by @martinperry9 that Gavin has already pulled off his trademark 'Do The Rumgay' in the group stages!

B8HuSNsIUAAYif9.jpg

Haha brilliant!!! Yeh was lot of talk on fb bwt him doing that...let games begin...he won his first match based on results...oh and welcome back from china dan