• Belarus

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Hungary

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I haven't had a chance to look at the player list. Who are the japanese sending? Are they going with the young players? if so this is probably just a test run. They have a whole number of prospects that are niwa koki's age or younger. The japanese seem to have their players participate at international competitions at a much younger age than compared with other Asian countries, or just in general. Usually a good prospect you will hear about really early, unlike in the case of players like Wang Hao, who just appeared at one tournament all of the sudden at the age of 18, had a good showing, and from there, he basically became given in big tournaments for the Chinese team

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I haven't had a chance to look at the player list. Who are the japanese sending? Are they going with the young players? if so this is probably just a test run. They have a whole number of prospects that are niwa koki's age or younger. The japanese seem to have their players participate at international competitions at a much younger age than compared with other Asian countries, or just in general. Usually a good prospect you will hear about really early, unlike in the case of players like Wang Hao, who just appeared at one tournament all of the sudden at the age of 18, had a good showing, and from there, he basically became given in big tournaments for the Chinese team

Yeah your right here Scylla.

Perhaps Japan are resting Mizutani and co for the Pro Tour Grand Finals if they qualified? I think Japan may have some big long term goals. They may want to use these youngsters to push the and take on the Chinese in a few years to come. Koki Niwa is at similar level the the under 18 Chinese player who is ranked number 2 in the World. If Koki can maintain and keep improving he can push himself and the Japanese team to take on the Chinese.

Here is the round 1 fixtures

Draw.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I really can't wait for the main events to get kickstarted, the korean team is looking awesome, I'm looking forward to them playing Germany if that happens :)

I'm not quite sure that we can get past Hong Kong..but I agree, the Koreans and the Japanese have some promising talents in their squads.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yea Wang Hao looks to have this in the bag and I can't see Kuzmin giving Ma Long much trouble to be honest. Sad but a great effort by Russia

Who won the end Matt? Sounds like an awesome match!.. Ma Lin struggling lately...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Amazing!
I have expected Kiril to beat Ma Lin.. but to win those doubles is really amazing!
They got China under pressure, but I think Wang Hao and Ma Long will make this safe and they will send China into semis..

Looks like LGL and Ma Lin still haven't solve the issue when Ma Lin is pair up with another penhold for double. It has been an issue for a while. But however, looks like many young player found some way to beat Ma Lin!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I'm positively surprised by today's result, it shows that we are at least slightly competitive without Timo, I didn't expect us to beat Hong Hong without him but Dima has been playing quite well lately and Bastian showed a good fighting spirit.