Which team do you think will win the World Team Championships 2014?

• China

Votes: 172 80.0%
  • Germany

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Austria

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
It is reported that Zhang Jike got injured last week in China closed training.

In a interview Liu Guoliang said:
"The condition of Zhang Jike recently has been much better. However, the lower part of his left shoulder blade was injured. He feels uncomfortable moving it. It is even painful when he breathes and there is a little swelling. It may be neuropathic. He has told me that it has gotten slightly better but it can still get a little sore at times especially when playing chops."

It was also said that there is nothing serious.

I hope Zhang Jike recovers fast and be at his best at WTTTC.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Yesterday CNT has special squad matches:

Fan Zhendong vs Xu Chenhao 3:0
Xu Xin vs Zhou Yu 3:1
Ma Long vs Liang Jingkun 1:3
Zhang Jike vs Liu Jikang 1:3

Those matches was special because the couching staff set some interesting rules:
Zhang Jike and Xu Xin banned form using banana stroke. And Ma Long was banned to play drop-shots!
Great ideas by Liu Guoliang.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
We're ready for the World Team Championships with our new site banner in place! Here is a nice promo video by the ITTF:

says : ???????:?? ?????????? ?? ??? ? ?? ?? ???- ????? ?? ...
says : ???????:?? ?????????? ?? ??? ? ?? ?? ???- ????? ?? ...
Mar 2014
Das ist wirklich eine gute Nachricht. Lassen Sie Erfolg mit Ihnen sein!: Eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The WTTTC 2014 is going to be exciting for sure, but I don't like using the phrase "China will win as always". Perhaps they will win because they have 5 team players who are in the top 5 on the world ranking list. They also have been innovative in developing new techniques in the table tennis sport which make them so good at it.

Looking at the groups, group b where Germany is the favorite team, they will IMO have a though time having Hong Kong, Singapore and Croatia in their group. Group B is definitely one to watch.

Group C could also be exciting if Portugal will make an upset over Japan.

Group D is also one to keep an eye on having the Korean republic as favorites, but they have to watch out for Chinese Taipei with names like Chuang Chih Yuan and Chen Chien An.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Looking at the groups, group b where Germany is the favorite team, they will IMO have a though time having Hong Kong, Singapore and Croatia in their group. Group B is definitely one to watch.

Indeed Germany vs Hong Kong will be very exciting. The Germans may have prepared to go against Jiang Tianyi and Tang Peng but they do not have any data about Wong Chun Ting. I think HK will send Wong to fight two matches in Germany vs HK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hi Giangt, I'm sorry no ....
Maybe you, or some of the other friends here could be there :)

Giangt, you asked the wrong question buddy ? :p The right question would have been , Hi Janus, are you going to be covering all the important matches and giving us you high quality full match/short form videos ? .... The answer has to be "Yes" ........... :D :D ..... just kidding ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
When the group stage is finished, how will the qualified teams be put in the knock-out round? Will it be the draw or "Winner of group A meets Runner-up of group B and Winner of group B meets Runner-up of group A"?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
What happens if no one gets the correct answers for the competition.If know 1 guesses right,who wins it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
What happens if no one gets the correct answers for the competition.If know 1 guesses right,who wins it?

Then there is no winner, the price thats suppose for this event will be use to the next contest. No one gets the correct answer, then there is no winner.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I believe Korea will make it to final :) They will probably win Germany in semifinal. I never believe Japan, they do have bunch of well-known players but plying so unstable and inconsistent. Furthermore, whole team of Japan is playing in Germany and aomeqhere in Europe, then European players have already got very much used to Japanese style, which is consequently going to make JP team really difficult time. Thats my opinion :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Agree here, really solid input and backing with true facts.
I see the same problem with Team Japan - good players but always disappointing at the end of the day.