Which team do you want to win the World Team Championships?

• Germany

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • China

Votes: 68 55.3%
  • Japan

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • France

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

• Sweden

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm not sure if there is any rule for this, but Japanese fans in Japan and China are really vocal about their concerns on Twitter.

Yeah - Japan is the country most affected. I like the sentiment, but I think Koreans should allow their opponents to pick the team matches if they really want to do that.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Mizutani doesn't like playing lefties, and with an injured lower-back, hmm.

Ho Kwan Kit ran out of gas at the end of the 3rd game.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Ito in a pinch, all because of her impatience, always wanting to hit winners...

Damn...I wanted Pesotska to win.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Aside politics about Koreas, which I'm really glad, that's possible in the tournament rules? Just to know...

Sad to see so many hateful comments on Twitter, I'm almost sure there is a lot of bots between them anyway

Yes thats what i was thinking about . How it is possible to be united in middle of the games . But generally its interesting

Reactions: noelito3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
To be fair, ML and LGL lost so much in their early careers, particularly in the majors. ZJK was actually really consistent until after the singles at London 2012. WLQ, MLin and WH also lost a lot in their early days, but later on became the best in terms of consistency, particularly WH. The only loss in the team event in the 3 majors in his entire career was to DO at the World Team Cup 2011.

I know I will be labeled again to be "defensive". But I must point out, the "consistency" is reflected from whether a CNT player can be selected in WTTTC, whether he can play KO stage and whether he can play A/Y position, because WTTTC is unbelievably important for CNT (OG team is as important if not more but OG team only started from 2012).

LGL (1993) and ML (2006) both started to play WTTTC before 18 yrs old (CNT only has FZD in 2014 and WCQ in 2018 being the same). They did have some bitter losses. ML's most bitter loss was in 2010 WTTTC final as B/Y player but since 2012 WTTTC, he played as A/Y player in the final. LGL's most bitter loss was in 2000 WTTTC final as B/X player, and the doping issue could not be neglected. BTW, 2000 may not be considered early in LGL's player career. He won OG singles gold in 1996 (20 yrs old), the youngest Grand Slam (23 yrs old) so far, and got retired in 2002.

On the other hand, FB got selected in 2016 WTTTC (24 yrs old) and did not play KO stage. LGY got selected in 2018 WTTTC (23 yrs old) and we will see if he will play KO stage soon (most likely not). XF (19 yrs old now) has not been selected in WTTTC yet. To be frank, they will never reach the level/status of LGL and ML (Grand Slam winners), and FZD (not Grand Slam winner yet but anticipated by most people). They don't make to the best 3 in CNT internal trials, barely best 5 (XF is wwway behind). They even lost in qualification stage of world tour events which never happened to ML, not to mention the performance in youth tournaments, national tournaments, super league at the same age. Hao Shuai, Chen Qi may be the likes they should compare with.

What makes a CNT player successful (at least world team champion and world singles champion in any of 3 major events)? Talent, hardworking, health, mentality, fortune, etc. You need to realize that the talent of LGL, ML are recognized and appreciated at their young age by CNT. FZD the same, not really for FB/LGY/XF. In 2006, LGL already said ML is more talented than the group of players born around 1983 (WH, CQ, HS, QYK, Zhang Chao, etc.); in 2012 he still said ML is more talented than WH and ZJK. LGL did appreciate FZD's talent, but never for FB/LGY/XF. There are players who got talent but did not achieve what people expect them to achieve, just like WLQ/M Lin/WH should get Grand Slam. But are there real cases that one achieved more than people (at least experienced coaches) expected?

One funny fact, KLH, LGL, WLQ, M Lin, WH, ML, XX all played A/Y player in WTTTC KO stage. We will see FZD soon. Guess who is missing?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Korea is far from reuinion. There are still so many human right violations in north korea, starving people etc. Not to mention the disrespect for competitive integrity in such a move. Better fine ZJK $40k! I harshly condemn ittf for making this a political stage, the sport should come first.

They could have started as a unified Korea and give the extra spot to another team! No hate towards the players, it was probably the idea of some smartass politicians.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Korea is far from reuinion. There are still so many human right violations in north korea, starving people etc. ...
You dare condemn north korea when south korea has been a puppet of the criminal US world empire ?? When south korea has murdered millions on behalf of various US and Korean industrialists? I for one am very happy to see some semblance of unity between north and south korea. It may not amount to much but it's better than the putrid future held up by trump.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Korea is far from reuinion. There are still so many human right violations in north korea, starving people etc. Not to mention the disrespect for competitive integrity in such a move. Better fine ZJK $40k! I harshly condemn ittf for making this a political stage, the sport should come first.

They could have started as a unified Korea and give the extra spot to another team! No hate towards the players, it was probably the idea of some smartass politicians.

As per some info in S Korea media, even though this was initially floated by South and North KoreanTT boards (&politicians) , ITTF agreed so that they can cash in on this global news making event of peace and reunion of Koreas to make TT more popular.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Felt so good seeing this after Szocs had spent the match squealing in her opponent's face and failing to apologize for a couple of edgeballs. Context: Doo Hoi Kem winning the match 11-9 in decider thanks to a blatant netball.

cache.php

cache.php

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
Jan 2018
Li Ching told Soo to slow loop, but not fast loop, and stay in the point, because she has the upperhand in BH. Cut down the unforced errors on the 1st few shots and she is good.

Reactions: Atas Newton
Jan 2018
Felt so good seeing this after Szocs had spent the match squealing in her opponent's face and failing to apologize for a couple of edgeballs. Context: Doo Hoi Kem winning the match 11-9 in decider thanks to a blatant netball.

cache.php

cache.php

Ahahaha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
You dare condemn north korea when south korea has been a puppet of the criminal US world empire ?? When south korea has murdered millions on behalf of various US and Korean industrialists? I for one am very happy to see some semblance of unity between north and south korea. It may not amount to much but it's better than the putrid future held up by trump.

Sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have made that comment with the little knowledge I have of korean history. I still stick to the integrity part though

Jan 2018
Not looking good for Sweden if M Karlsson fails to close this out in the 4th game.