WTT Contender Taiyuan 2023

This user has no status.
Nobody likes the side angle lol...I have no idea why they insist on it!
I have seen a few comments that prefer it for whatever reason, but the majority of the people that comment do not like it. At least we got five different angles for the Singapore Smash for the last two (?) rounds this year, but definitely too expensive for every tournament. Also forgot to mention the telescope camera is remote controlled.

• Wow
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Really looking forward to seeing Togami vs Liang Jingkun. Togami's physical style is really fun to watch (much more fun than Hugo for my eyes as Togami's short short game is not repulsive and he tends to hold the table). Hopefully his short selection will continue to be smarter.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Really looking forward to seeing Togami vs Liang Jingkun. Togami's physical style is really fun to watch (much more fun than Hugo for my eyes as Togami's short short game is not repulsive and he tends to hold the table). Hopefully his short selection will continue to be smarter.
It's gonna be a firework show as both of them are muscle-type player, but Togami has to be careful with Liang JK spin since he'll use this to suppress Togami's quick pace (same as he has done to win LGY yesterday)
If Togami becomes the most popular Japanese player in China soon after this tournament, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Lol chinese netizens have been trolling him as the "civil war king", "anemic prince" for sometimes now, his performance this time made them rethink the civil war label

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It's gonna be a firework show as both of them are muscle-type player, but Togami has to be careful with Liang JK spin since he'll use this to suppress Togami's quick pace (same as he has done to win LGY yesterday)

Lol chinese netizens have been trolling him as the "civil war king", "anemic prince" for sometimes now, his performance this time made them rethink the civil war label
Yes, winning changes things though. That's my point, the beauty of his athleticism is indisputable when he is winning lol. A more table tennis cultured Hugo with good short game touch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I wonder how much Harimoto is privately cheering on Togami to succeed.

Must've been frustrating to keep losing to Togami domestically and then see him go on to compete poorly internationally. It's like "this guy only plays great when I'm involved" type of thing.

Also, having Togami (and Matsushima too) become more competitive internationally might be a welcome relief and take the pressure off his performances. Harimoto always comes across as a guy whose nerves are apparent in his gameplay.

Anyway sounds like a someone could write a good manga/anime plot line about this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I agree. I watched Togami’s games in Japan. He has a high spirit and his rally is really fun to watch.

When he gets all hyped up he would pivot and attack like Xu Xin.

Win or lose, Togami has brought us an entertaining tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Togami's performance...

vintage-gear-air-jordan-vi-its-gotta-be-da-shoes-t-shirt.jpg

This user has no status.
Wow Togami had some super saiyan moments in this final and still lost! LJK won in the end by his nasty deep push. Damn those final few deep pushes were so nasty that it made me question if I should even be playing with D05 on the FH still....

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Rough for Togami there in the last game. Edge ball for LGK down the stretch and Togami missing the match point sitter off the top of the net. He'll be replaying those last few points in his head.

Hopefully this gets him more motivated to get the next one.
Last three points were sudden deep/heavy pushes and he missed, I think that push that floated was deliberate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I think Togami has cleared a lot of mental blockades in these recent tournaments and was able to play to his own strength, the few last points show his immaturity in great matches (after all it's his first singles final in adult competition) but I once again have high hopes for him to become the #1 JPN player.
Harimoto can play awesomely but he rarely enter this state, but Togami performance in Taiyuan is his actual level when competing domestically