WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I think it is pure snake seed so it isn't fixed. He is currently the #3 seed but he can"t play 1, 2 and 4 until the semis I believe. With snake seed he is guaranteed to play 2 of them to get the final but it BBC can't be #4 in the semis if pairings hold but which 2 is an open question.
With a pure snake seed his opponent would be fixed if the seeding holds right? If randomness is introduced then I guess the question would be how many groups are there? Are the top 4 fixed? Or top 8? Top 16?

Basically I'm wondering if being #3 or #4 matters. As it stands, #4 would have to play #5, #3, and #1/2 in the quarters, semis, and finals respectively. That right now would be LJK, ML, and FZD/WCQ. #3 would play #6 which is Calderano. Both ML and Harimoto would probably much prefer to face Calderano than LJK so Harimoto's early exit this tournament could be a big deal for the two as only 165 points separate the two in rankings right now.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
With a pure snake seed his opponent would be fixed if the seeding holds right? If randomness is introduced then I guess the question would be how many groups are there? Are the top 4 fixed? Or top 8? Top 16?

Basically I'm wondering if being #3 or #4 matters. As it stands, #4 would have to play #5, #3, and #1/2 in the quarters, semis, and finals respectively. That right now would be LJK, ML, and FZD/WCQ. #3 would play #6 which is Calderano. Both ML and Harimoto would probably much prefer to face Calderano than LJK so Harimoto's early exit this tournament could be a big deal for the two as only 165 points separate the two in rankings right now.
I meant that it wasn't.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Kallberg whenever I watch him has the game that puzzles me the most with respect to not having more wins against the Chinese in recent times. The speed and quality is there - is the mental game really so bad? The match so far is going his way - go Kallberg!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Good result for Pitch after some poor form - good to see him progressing (Not a great performance from Quadri though...)
I think both played well, Pitch just had a more consistent game plan with opening over the table attacks, made Quadri play more shots than usual and ended up winning more than his fair share of points when he brought the ball back but Quadri was unable to recover to continue his offense.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I think both played well, Pitch just had a more consistent game plan with opening over the table attacks, made Quadri play more shots than usual and ended up winning more than his fair share of points when he brought the ball back but Quadri was unable to recover to continue his offense.
Fair comment, he also played strongly on his BH side I thought. LGY next may be a challenge…