WTT Star Contender Bangkok 2023

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I'm not exactly sure why Lim Jonghoon loses so many matches in the deciding set. First against Truls in the WTTC, then Fan Zhendong recently and now Zhou Qihao.
Gotta reply to this after losing 2-3 again in the XD final.

Amend "first" to "since at least 2019". Here is an interview after LJH 3-4 ML at Korea Open 2019.

@1:08
Last question. I notice you lose in the final game in many Opens. Why?
Whether it be ML or others
losing in the end shows the other player is better

Tieba users also couldn't help but notice it:
韩林感觉要气死了

Last edited:
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Amazing men's final. The best match of the year so far I think, though Lim Junghoon's loss to Fan may be above that. If only Jang had a better backhand technique - it's definitely adequate but compared to the stability of the top Chinese it leaves something on the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Amazing men's final. The best match of the year so far I think, though Lim Junghoon's loss to Fan may be above that. If only Jang had a better backhand technique - it's definitely adequate but compared to the stability of the top Chinese it leaves something on the table.

Was really pulling for Jang. One of the best displays of footwork I've seen in a long time. Jang was teleporting to balls he had no business even getting a racket on.

Also, that random cheering section he had made the whole atmosphere a lot more enjoyable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Was really pulling for Jang. One of the best displays of footwork I've seen in a long time. Jang was teleporting to balls he had no business even getting a racket on.

Also, that random cheering section he had made the whole atmosphere a lot more enjoyable.
It's a superpower that him and An Jaehyun possess, and I wonder whether it doesn't sometimes hold their game back having such speed and forehand power which makes it clear how they should play and how one should play against them. But it is definitely fun to watch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
ITTF execs googling "why is no one watching table tennis?"
Meanwhile at the table: men's final, third game, 18-17
1682835445609.png

Hide the useless VIPs somewhere in the dark of the stands, it don't look good when these comfortable sofas around the table are either empty or full of people browsing on their phones

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Why is WTT going back to this shitty angle despite everyone complaining about it?!
The side angle is completely unwatchable for me. What sucks more is that it's good quality footage too. I appreciate the slant-angle but the way they've been doing it in past matches has way too much camera movement, like why start moving the camera in Whats basically a fixed direction when the players start a point? Makes it hard for me to track the ball. Old European Championship footage on YouTube from channels like GecaPhoenix and ttCountenance had the angle and movement down pat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
absolute mad lads, WTT should book them to appear at other events to counter-cheer the Chinese fangirls (I assume that's what they were doing this time)

Reactions: turbozed and JeffM
This user has no status.
The side angle is completely unwatchable for me. What sucks more is that it's good quality footage too. I appreciate the slant-angle but the way they've been doing it in past matches has way too much camera movement, like why start moving the camera in Whats basically a fixed direction when the players start a point? Makes it hard for me to track the ball. Old European Championship footage on YouTube from channels like GecaPhoenix and ttCountenance had the angle and movement down pat.
I hope someone has recorded the full matches in a good angle. I saw some on 247tabletennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

I found myself pulling for LGY - he has so much talent and is just an amazing athlete but has struggled to perform at his best. He really exorcised some demons in that match and fought to get the win - I hope we see more of him winning again.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I found myself pulling for LGY - he has so much talent and is just an amazing athlete but has struggled to perform at his best. He really exorcised some demons in that match and fought to get the win - I hope we see more of him winning again.
Your name inspired me to wonder if he'd play better if he'd trained as a righty! He's a natural righty but his dad had him learn TT as a lefty to differentiate him.

Reactions: Wrighty67