Xiom Extreme S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hey guys, wanted to know if anyone has used this blade. The description says it is fast and has good feeling and control. This being an allwood blade, I wanted to know if this as fast as a good med priced carbon blade.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

it is not as fast as carbon blades but the speed that it has is already good. it is not slow and when you pair it with a fast rubber, the balance between control and speed is maintained. it is slower than the stratus powerwood.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
it is not as fast as carbon blades but the speed that it has is already good. it is not slow and when you pair it with a fast rubber, the balance between control and speed is maintained. it is slower than the stratus powerwood.
Would you consider tinarc5 as fast rubber? My friend plays with a 729 hinoki carbon. Would it be slower than that? And if it is slower, the speedy rubber's should help right? He has markV on the 729 hinoki.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Extreme S is an awesome blade. One of my coaches, Paul David, uses that blade so I've used it many times.

It plays a bit similarly to a Clipper Classic. But without the downsides of Stiga's lack of finishing and quality control. Xiom blades are well finished and they have good QC.

If the two blades are the same weight, it is close to the speed of a Viscaria or a TB ALC. Maybe a hair slower.

But it is a pretty fast blade. Good for a pretty high rated player.

The Offensive S is awesome too. That is the one I would want to use. 5 pies. A little more control. Better for devolving your game and improving your technique.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

i cant say which is faster but their speed seem to be close. tinarc5 is not super fast i would rate it as a medium fast rubber. control is good despite being a bouncy chinese rubber. almost like genesis M.

Reactions: Gourav Acharya
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Extreme S is an awesome blade. One of my coaches, Paul David, uses that blade so I've used it many times.

It plays a bit similarly to a Clipper Classic. But without the downsides of Stiga's lack of finishing and quality control. Xiom blades are well finished and they have good QC.

If the two blades are the same weight, it is close to the speed of a Viscaria or a TB ALC. Maybe a hair slower.

But it is a pretty fast blade. Good for a pretty high rated player.

The Offensive S is awesome too. That is the one I would want to use. 5 pies. A little more control. Better for devolving your game and improving your technique.

Thanks alot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Tibhar stratus powerwood is 5 ply, but xiom Extreme s is 7. Is it really slower than the tibhar? If so how? I'm confused

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Since in all blades there are ranges in speed. The one I played was not slower than the TSPW that I have hit with. And how I put it, if you had a TB ALC and an Extreme S of the same weight, the TB ALC would be a little faster.

But a TSPW would probably be a good blade for you.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
What is your level? How long have you been playing? How well do you loop backspin with FH? With BH?
Level would be advance. Though I don't have alot of blades and rubber's. That's why I keep asking questions on blades, cause I'm about to make a purchase, and I want it to be the best possible for me at prices I can afford. I've been playing for 3 years. 2016 is where most of my interest developed and I started devoting time to practice. I have a good game sense. As in when to loop and where to place it. Whether to fast loop or loop short with heavy spin. BH is still in the works. I can land bh loops, flicks,smashes in practice effectively, but still having problems in tournament play. My short game is where I win the most amount of my points. So these two months I will devote my practice to be able to initiate attacks in the short range and then go further away from the table.I don't have stamina or footwork problems since I used to play football. So technically need to improve my game

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Level would be advance. Though I don't have alot of blades and rubber's. That's why I keep asking questions on blades, cause I'm about to make a purchase, and I want it to be the best possible for me at prices I can afford. I've been playing for 3 years. 2016 is where most of my interest developed and I started devoting time to practice. I have a good game sense. As in when to loop and where to place it. Whether to fast loop or loop short with heavy spin. BH is still in the works. I can land bh loops, flicks,smashes in practice effectively, but still having problems in tournament play. My short game is where I win the most amount of my points. So these two months I will devote my practice to be able to initiate attacks in the short range and then go further away from the table.I don't have stamina or footwork problems since I used to play football. So technically need to improve my game

If you are facing heavy backspin with FH, how well do you loop it?

If you are facing heavy backspin with BH, how well do you loop that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Since in all blades there are ranges in speed. The one I played was not slower than the TSPW that I have hit with. And how I put it, if you had a TB ALC and an Extreme S of the same weight, the TB ALC would be a little faster.

But a TSPW would probably be a good blade for you.

The TSPW is an interesting blade - it is rated OFF- and some people think it is straight OFF. I can see both views, but I am more in the OFF- camp. The Extreme S is also an OFF blade at best - these are not the days of the 38mm ball.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The TSPW is an interesting blade - it is rated OFF- and some people think it is straight OFF. I can see both views, but I am more in the OFF- camp. The Extreme S is also an OFF blade at best - these are not the days of the 38mm ball.

Both are good blades.

However, I am still interested in the answer to these questions.

If you are facing heavy backspin with FH, how well do you loop it?

If you are facing heavy backspin with BH, how well do you loop that?

And, I realize, I have another.

If you are playing a decent, deceptive chopper who keeps mixing the level of spin, can you read that and loop from both wings whether the ball is heavy, light or dead?

Sorry i have mistaken the extreme as as the 5 ply offensive s. The offensive s is definitely than the spw. The extreme s is faster than the regular clipper non cr version by a very small margin but the clipper-like force pro black edition is faster than extreme s

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

You must have excellent training partners and coaching to have achieved an advanced level in 3 years. I do know a couple of people who did it so it is quite possible even if quite difficult.