Xiom Vega series

Definitely felt like I had a much harder time returning backspin from VE than I do the C1. I think VE had too much dwell time for me and the C1 is a nice feeling in between the VE and the Rakza 7. I feel like I have less struggle with short touches and pushes.
Vega Europe was the worst Vega rubber that I've tried. Not sure why anyone would choose it over Korea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
In regards to the questions about Xiom Vega v.s. Rakza 7, here are my thoughts:

1) There are many different variations of ESN rubbers. Looking at the pore and the sponge carefully I am pretty sure that Xiom Vega series are closely related to Donic BlueFire series. Maybe BlueFire M1 is similar to Xiom Vega Pro in terms of hardness. Maybe BlueFire M2 is similar to Xiom Vega Japan/Asia. Maybe BlueFire M3 is similar to Xiom Vega Europe.

Just look at the pores on the sponges and feel the sponges. they are identical except BlueFire is blue sponge and Xiom Vega is black sponge.

2) Similarly, last night I just installed a new C-1 rubber on my blade. I am pretty sure that, looking at how the C-1 sponge curl up before I even applied the glue, that G-1/C-1 are related to Rakza 7/Rakza 7 soft. I mean the sponge looks and feels and glue about the same. I think G-1 has the hardest sponge. Followed by Rakza 7. Followed by C-1 and/or Rakza 7 soft. The sponge made by ESN is very similar in those two sets of rubber.

3) Rakza 7 and C-1/G-1 are much more durable than Xiom Vega series.

I have not played with my Donic BlueFire rubber long enough to know if it is durable.

4) I happen to like Xiom Vega Europe. Xiom Vega Europe has saved many of my blades that are hard and fast. It allows me to enjoy those blades. I can see how it is the softest and is not as catapulty as, say, C-1 or Rakza 7 soft. But I would not totally trash Xiom Vega Europe either.

Do I use Xiom Vega Europe a lot right now? No, my BH has gotten used to harder rubbers now, like in the 45 degree ESN range. No way though my BH is ready for 47.5 ro 50 ESN degree rubbers yet.

Reactions: kindof99
I just played with Vega Asia and Vega Pro today. Vega Pro definitely makes that distinct "Tenergy 05" clicking noise while Vega Europe has no such a sound. Vega Asia is somewhere in between. I like Vega Asia better and it felt softer than Pro. Supposedly their sponge hardness is the same. Does Asia have a softer top sheet than Pro?
Yes, Asia has softer topsheet than X and Pro, and a bit bouncy than both X and Pro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I am pretty sure that Xiom Vega series are closely related to Donic BlueFire series.
Actually, Vega Pro is closely related to Tibhar Genius and Fastarc G1, they all have their individual specs based on the same recipe. DONIC´s rubber of that time or "generation" was Baracuda.

Later additions to the Vega series might resemble other rubbers, although generally it is no longer obvious what is close to what, like it used to be in the early days of Tensor technology. The factory is surely able to combine any "old" sponge with a new topsheet and vice versa, like DONIC ordered for their hybrid rubber BlueGrip S2, utilizing the sponge of the Acuda S 2 from way back when.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Yes, Asia has softer topsheet than X and Pro, and a bit bouncy than both X and Pro.
I'll add. The Vega Asia topsheet has fewer pimples/they are located further apart than the Vega Pro, so the Asia topsheet feels softer. Also because of this, Vega Asia has less weight and a lower release angle. The technique of working with the ball is also different. A light touch does not produce as much spin as the Vega Pro. But if the ball is immersed in the top sheet, then the topspin turns out like from a slingshot.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I really think the Vega series is under-rated and should have been more popular.
I think they are still quite popular, they're just old (released in 2009 I think), and in terms of market competitiveness they have pretty much lost out to stablemate picks like G1 and Rakza 7 (2010). Historically Vega Pro has been one of the more popular Tenergy 05 substitutes, and I believe to this day Vega Europe remains one of the top-10 best selling rubbers in Japan: https://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Historically Vega Pro has been one of the more popular Tenergy 05 substitutes
Yes. Never on pro level - where there was no substitute ;-)
But it still offers a pretty similar feel for around half the price, and what the t05 offers more in top-level performance can not be activated by many amateur players anyway.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp