Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia (40 deg) - FH or BH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Question for Chinese rubber experts. I ordered Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia (40 degree) to try on my training blade, it's still in shipment by Aliexpress. It was meant to be for the forehand side (hence the hardness). But now I started to think that since I am still very much in the process of proper stroke development, I should just stick to the same FH rubber on both setups (DHS H3Neo), as going from commercial H3N to Yinhe J3A would be too much of a difference between the two setups, so counterproductive for development. Am I right in thinking that?

I use Rakes Z on my BH on the other blade, so I am used to hybrid rubber on BH, so I could just use Yinhe J3A on BH, but I am wondering if 40 degree would be too hard for BH? Any thoughts?

Thank you

says This status has no user
says This status has no user
Sep 2013
I use J3 asia 39 deg on the BH side of my Inner 75, and it works with some trade offs. The spin is excellent, but the speed is kinda slow, and you have to be very active with your strokes. I think it could be very good for developing an active BH before moving on to something faster.

says The best time to learn table tennis was 10 years ago ...
says The best time to learn table tennis was 10 years ago ...
Oct 2023
I've had some quality issues with Jup 3 on Ali. It used be my fav FH rubber but after placing an order for 3 more 39 degree sheets on Ali (same store as before), I noticed they were noticeablely harder and even felt heavier on my v14 Pro. That caused me to find other alternatives and I've now landed on Hurricance 3 Neo.

Great rubber if you are able to get them in the expected hardness