Yinhe Y13 - Rubber Recommendation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Afternoon,

Somewhat new.... have always played with my dad but recently got more serious about it. Play at a local club and people say they are impressed with my form etc for not having any actually training. Recently bought a Yinhe y13 blade and used mercury 2 for it and did not like it. Found it to be quiet slow... I am currently using a premade by stiga pro carbon paddle and find it a bit too fast/hard to control when playing at my local club. I am trying to get into it more but would love to possible try out something different so I have more control while playing against the more experienced players. What are your thoughts? Would love to use this blade as I already have it but open to anything.

Thank you all for your time! Look forward to your recommendations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Honestly this sounds like a perfect beginner setup. If it's too slow for you, its most likely a technical issue.
Thank you for the feedback! I guess I was just too used to the pro carbon that the yinhe + mercury just caught me by surprise. I will give it another chance again tomorrow with more gameplay and see how I like it. First blade I put together so my cuts weren't the best but the rubber is on there!

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Afternoon,

Somewhat new.... have always played with my dad but recently got more serious about it. Play at a local club and people say they are impressed with my form etc for not having any actually training. Recently bought a Yinhe y13 blade and used mercury 2 for it and did not like it. Found it to be quiet slow... I am currently using a premade by stiga pro carbon paddle and find it a bit too fast/hard to control when playing at my local club. I am trying to get into it more but would love to possible try out something different so I have more control while playing against the more experienced players. What are your thoughts? Would love to use this blade as I already have it but open to anything.

Mercury 2 is pretty slow no lie, but it also starts off pretty sticky and becomes faster as it breaks in and loses tackiness

says The best time to learn table tennis was 10 years ago ...
says The best time to learn table tennis was 10 years ago ...
Oct 2023
I would not recommended Carbon + Chinese rubber combinations for someone who has just playing the game. The sponge is generally harder than ESN rubbers and it takes time to learn how to get the most of them. But if you really have to, I suggest try AK47 Blue/Yellow or Red - the Red is the fastest. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo is perhaps another good option as the rubber comes factory boosted.

Consider changing from carbon to an all wood blade. Sanwei Fextra is a great choice if your game involves loop driving close to the table &/or looping from mid distance. It has great control and pair well with almost any rubber.

I haven't tried many Chinese 5 wood blades, but I have used Yasaka Sweden Extra in the past and it's a great blade to help improve technique and gain confidence. I had it paired with Yasaka Mark V on FH and Rakza 7 Soft on BH. You may also switch from the Mark V to Rakza 7 on your FH to add more speed to the setup.

Blade - Sanwei Fextra
Forehand - Hurricane 3 Neo / AK47 Palio Blue or Yellow
Backhand - Palio AK47 Blue or Yellow

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Afternoon,

I'm using y13 with reactor tornado v5 on both sides, medium to medium-hard rubber seems to work well on this blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
The Yinhe Y13 is quite fast and stiff what I remember, and glass fibre right?

These types of blades seem to work really good with harder sponges. I don't know what hardness of your Mercury rubbers, but try out a Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg for the forehand perhaps to get more bite.

And maybe something like 729 Focus III Snipe 44deg for backhand. Untacky and light weight.