Rubbers rubbers ..... complicated story

This user has no status.
Yes, as you can read from the title, when you are choosing something that is difficult to be decided then it is really a hard time that you really get into.

Rubbers sounds the main or key factor for racket custom, and even if you end up with 1 racket then you may end up with 2 rubbers to use for 1 blade, maybe sometimes more when you change the rubbers, so it is really more complicated than choosing the blade itself.

Ok, now i have and tested 3 rubbers so far and 2 more will be tested very soon once i finish assembling third racket, but as from another thread i am thinking to get more blades sooner or later i hope sooner then i am again in this rubber choices boat again, so here i will mention the rubbers i already have either tested or not, then i will mention the rubbers i am looking for to get.

I already have and 2 ordered and will get them tomorrow from the coach:
- Tenergy 05FX [black]
- Tenergy 64 [red]
- Galaxy 9000E [4x pack for 2 blacks and 2 reds]
- Rasant Grip [black, still with the coach]
- Curl P4 [red, also with the coach]

And here are the rubbers i want to buy and test/use if any good:
- Donic Blurfire JP03
- Xiom Sigma II Europe
- Adidas Tenzone Ultra

Above are main ones and i put them in order list just if didn't change my mind, but there are other rubbers i keep going back forth on them, such as:
- DHS H3 [neo or whatever, this H3 is very popular and i want to know why, so i put it as second list options]
- Xiom Omega different versions [IV, V]
- Adidas 10Zone Ultra SF
- Tenergy 80 [for FH, but i may not choose it as i already have 2 different Tenergy]
- Donic BFire M1 or JP01
- Donic Barracuda
- Joola Express Ultra [as short pips this time, i am not sure that LP of Curl P4 will be great already, so this SP is just backup in case]
- Victas VS 401 [not sure about this rubber, but it is for defensive style on my BH i was thinking, but this rubber is not top priority choice]

I narrowed down to those, still too much of those already, but i am open to go with minimum 4 rubbers of above, i know some will recommend something different as well than those i mentioned already, but this will make me like i shouldn't choose anything at all and let other choose for me only, but with above i mentioned, what's wrong with them if none will be recommended so i should know what is the mistake/wrong in my choices so that i can avoid???!!!

This user has no status.
Oh i see, then i will avoid those rubbers of Bluefire, but, did you test those rubbers on different blades or one blade or it doesn't matter as they are awful on any blade? Also what about Bluefire JP01 or M1, are those awful too as JP02/03? I was thinking to use that Bluefire on BH only not FH, but sounds you don't recommend those for any side anyway.

And on what i should use that Tibhar Evolution FX if i get it, FH or BH?

Thanks!

This user has no status.
Oh i see, then i will avoid those rubbers of Bluefire, but, did you test those rubbers on different blades or one blade or it doesn't matter as they are awful on any blade? Also what about Bluefire JP01 or M1, are those awful too as JP02/03? I was thinking to use that Bluefire on BH only not FH, but sounds you don't recommend those for any side anyway.

And on what i should use that Tibhar Evolution FX if i get it, FH or BH?

Thanks!

I played both JP02 and 03 on one blade, so i can only speak for that.
For me the Bluefire was worse on the backhand. I dont know JP01 or M1.
I used the FX-P on the FH but i tried it a few times as the BH and both was very good for me.

This user has no status.
I think having Bluefire is rather an experience to have

Expensive as Tenergy rubbers? i already have 2 Tenergy rubbers as start, so anything less i can't call it really that expensive, but i understand your point about the price.

I did get the items from the coach, that is including Andro Rasant Grip, also LP Curl P4, can't wait to try those later.

Well, i did put Bluefire rubber just because i see many good reviews or feedback about this rubber, sure there are some who hate it or didn't prefer/like it much, but i can't also ignore those plenty of people who like this rubber so far, so i really don't know who i should believe or listen to, same with that FX-P, i have to read about it more and i just don't only listen to one person, what may work for someone may not be good for me, but if major people like something such as a rubber or a blade then it is certainly could be good for everyone else too including me.

Still waiting more comments, also i posted another rubbers, all i get now comments about one rubber which is Bluefire, what about the other 2 then? Also the rubbers i listed as bonus too, nothing about those?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
I think that you should not take any statements here as a truth. Some rubber suits someone better than to another. For example I have played with JP02 for about a half a year and I think it is easiest rubber to play with. I use it on my fh. It is not the fastest nor spinniest but it is really easy to play with. It has more than enoug speed and spin for 3rd and 5th ball attacks. It is also very stable over the table and mid distance. To me it is also better for serving than any Tenergy I have tried (80, 05 80fx). It is also quite durable. I normaly swap rubber after 30 hours of play and for me JP02 helds its properties at least as long as Tenergy. But hey finding a perfect setup is never ending story. I hope that you will find a set up that suits you.

Good luck!

Tommi

This user has no status.
Well, i forgot to say that i am not looking for fast or high loop rubber for my BH, for FH maybe yes, but for BH i prefer slower or more control rubber than speed, i mostly keep my FH for attack and speed and my BH for defensive and control and i attack with BH when possible, i don't want to have both rubbers fast, spin yes for both if possible, but i try to keep one fast and one not, maybe one blade i will make FH to be fast rubber and on another blade i switch BH to fast and FH for control.

Again, it is talking about Bluefire only, what about Xiom or H3 or Adidas or even Donic another rubber which is Barracuda?

Also in another thread about blade i started, it is mentioned about Acuda S1, what about this rubber and S2?

This user has no status.
TareqPhoto, as I said in the blades thread, the son of my coach had a JM with T05 on both sides. Yesterday I saw that he has changed his rubbers to Xiom Sigma II Europe and Omega V Pro. The Omega V Pro felt very strange, and I didn't manage to get this rubber's style of play. But I liked very much the Sigma II Europe. It feels quite similar to Tenergy 05, it seemed a little slower and the short game was easier. I still know nothing about it's durability, because the rubbers are almost new.

As for the Rasant Grip, I have seen many people who are talking about it's poor durability.

The chinese rubbers, as the Hurricane 3 is, are completely different from the european ones. They even require a different play. I had a Globe 999, and I didn't like it. It was slow, hard, and it was difficult to block spinny loops with it.

Must agree with Paul Drinkhall, Evolution MX-P is fantastic rubber. So far its amazing with evey blade I try this rubber, both BH and FH.
Tareq, I'm still writting my review of the mx-p, by the end of the week or next Monday it should be available on TTD (I have a competition this Saturday and I wanna play it before my review in case i notice something new or different about the rubber).

You might really enjoy MX-P on your FH Tareq, if you are looking for top end spin and speed rubber without usage of any tuner/booster. Bluefire M1 turbo/M1/M2 might also suit you Tareq but those rubbers generate less spin that MX-P (but the spin is still very very good, don't think that those rubbers are lacking spin, its not the case, its just that MX-P is the top end rubber in terms of spin without tacky topsheet).

This user has no status.
Aha, more options to consider then.

Well, pity i couldn't go to the club today, as i was thinking to glue the new rubbers i've got [Rasant Grip and Curl P4] and start to play with it, but i caught a throat sore kind of and drank a syrup medicine that left me sleeping, but sooner or later i will assemble and give it a try.

Well, in my plan for new blades i am thinking to buy i was planning to put speed in my FH and control or slow on my BH, so that i tried to check about different rubber performances from reviews or comments here and there, but it sounds i will never get the right answer because it is all based on people usage and experience and not scientific analysis or tests, and for that it is nearly impossible to find same all people agree on one item either good or bad, it is always like there are 20% say yes and 80% say no or vise versa on any item, hardly to find even 95% say yes, but i will keep reading and searching anyway.

This user has no status.
Well, i am waiting your review about that Tibhar Evolution MX-P, just now i heard about this rubber model so i will give it a read.

So, if i will get this rubber you recommend, on which side i should use it, FH or BH? what is this rubber good for? and on which blade this rubber is good enough?

I don't think i will use this rubber on all blades i will use, so it can be one good choice for a blade or a side, but i am not planning to use same rubber on all blades i gonna buy even it is a great rubber, and i am sure there are still great rubbers as this one or better in something, still i have long time to decide on anything.

Thank you very much, Paul, to have a pro player to comment in my thread is a big honor to me, i will watch your playing and see how or why you like it then, and i hope one day i can improve my style too, i still have my nice weapon which is too early for me, BTY JM+Tenergy.