What is your most unbelieveable fightback??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Hello guys, I dont think there is such topic here, so I made it :cool:
So what is your greatest fightback??

Mine personal is baaack from days when there was played to 21.. I was 20:12 down and I managed to fightback and win :)
I was 1:0 down on sets and 20:12, so a big deal, hehe..

Hmm.. I just remembered that I made something common around 2 years ago,..
It was deciding game, 2:2 on games and I was 10:2 down, it was played to 11 and I won 12:10 :)

But greatest fightback that I have seen is here:

Sadilek vs. Klasek .. well put it on 23:40 if you dont want to watch it whole.. and tell me.. howmuch would you bet at Klasek? 2:1 down, 9:0 down :) Then 10:1 .. well that was just awesome.. and that rally later at 10:9 .. omg, just awesome..

So anyways, what is your greatest fightback??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Under the old rules (21 up) I was 19-3 down and got up to 20 all before losing.

Under 11 up I have probably lost more from daft scores than I have one. My team mates keep telling me to stop enjoying myself so much.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I played a handicap tournament at my club and in the final I played against a guy with a 9 point handicap who had snuck past everyone. I made easy mistakes in the first set and was 1-0 down and under a lot of pressure but I sorted out my tactics, kept consistent and made every ball count and managed to win 3-1. It's moments like those where you are really under pressure to not make mistakes, with only 2 points to lose in order to drop a set I had to REALLY focus on what I was doing to steal the win.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
That video is awesome! The point at 10-9 is amazing! Under so much pressure being attacked :)

I have a story of my old coach in a league match. He lost the first set 11-0, then he won the next set to make it 1-1. Then his opponent won the next set 11-0 again! and my coach still went on to win in the fifth.

Was such a weird game lol

Keep all your stories coming guys

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I have a story for you guys. While I've personally come back from 0-3 and won it in the 7th it's not nearly entertaining as this one. My buddy is a short pips lefty player. And he's middle aged, but an up and coming kid who was rated about 200 points higher than him was playing him I think their ratings were like 1900-2100 something like that. But regardless he's down 0-3 and comes back in the 7th to win in deuce 12-10 on an amazing edge ball. The kid was russian and seriously broke down in tears. My buddy was super sorry about it, but what could he do about it. Then the next year the kid and he play again at the same tournament and he's about 100 points higher while my buddy is still around 1900. He does the EXACT same thing winning 12-10 in deuce down 0-3 with an edge ball. The kid screams "NOT AGAIN! WHAT THE CRAP" but as he'd matured a lot in the game he was able to laugh it off after a couple minutes of shock. They love talking about the story every once in a while to a new player when they're at the tournaments. I have to say it's gotta be the best story I've ever heard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
My personal greatest fightback was like 1 year ago. It was the last 5th set und I was 3-9 behind.. i was totally unconcentrated and annoyed, so i took a timeout, drank something and came back without talking to anyone. finally i won 11-9 :) sometimes you just need a moment to calm down and being without stress.

nice thread btw, its really fun to read it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
My personal greatest fightback was like 1 year ago. It was the last 5th set und I was 3-9 behind.. i was totally unconcentrated and annoyed, so i took a timeout, drank something and came back without talking to anyone. finally i won 11-9 :) sometimes you just need a moment to calm down and being without stress.

nice thread btw, its really fun to read it

Thanks a lot man, btw just a question, are you not Burgis? :)
I mean the player Matiss Burgis :)

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Ooh here's one for you I just remembered. My flatmate and doubles partner beat me 14 times at tournaments in 2010, I used to organise all the travel and accomodation for both of us, we would go and clean up all the doubles events but then every time he would knock me out of the singles, even on a few occasions I had beaten the top seeds and then lost to him and he had gone on to win. I played him at a tournament this year and he knocked out the top seed and I met him in the final, I took a 3-1 lead and had all the momentum in the world. He won the 5th set 21-19, every time I had a match point he would pull something miraculous out of the bag. He took advantage of the win and won the 6th and found himself up 6-2 in the 7th set. I called a timeout and went and sat down at the edge of the playing area and thought man, I have to take advantage of this and win against him for once. I went back and won the set 11-6 and won the tournament mens title, it was a great example of a good catchup. The year previously he had played me in the b grade mens final and i had been up 10-9 and 2-0 and he had won in the 5th so I was out for revenge!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Ooh here's one for you I just remembered. My flatmate and doubles partner beat me 14 times at tournaments in 2010, I used to organise all the travel and accomodation for both of us, we would go and clean up all the doubles events but then every time he would knock me out of the singles, even on a few occasions I had beaten the top seeds and then lost to him and he had gone on to win. I played him at a tournament this year and he knocked out the top seed and I met him in the final, I took a 3-1 lead and had all the momentum in the world. He won the 5th set 21-19, every time I had a match point he would pull something miraculous out of the bag. He took advantage of the win and won the 6th and found himself up 6-2 in the 7th set. I called a timeout and went and sat down at the edge of the playing area and thought man, I have to take advantage of this and win against him for once. I went back and won the set 11-6 and won the tournament mens title, it was a great example of a good catchup. The year previously he had played me in the b grade mens final and i had been up 10-9 and 2-0 and he had won in the 5th so I was out for revenge!

That must have been a very good feeling afterwards xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I remember several times that I was 1-7 behind in the fifth, and still won the match.
Also remember a (serious) game of my friend a couple years ago. He was 0-10 behind, and won 12-10.

That is awesome..
10:0 is like you can never win that game!
Its like.. even you cant believe it is possible.. I cant understand, how can someone win game like that..
Its just beyond imagination..