Do you have a pro player copycat setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I usually use inner carbon blades exclusively, but today I tested out a FZD copycat setup. It is the Sanwei 75 outer alc blade with Jupiter 3 H41 on fh and DragonGrip on bh.

I played quite well with this. My FH loop was fast and crisp. Backhand punch and loop was good. Block was good. It's my most lively and dynamic setup. Every shot is fast. Dwell time is on the lower side, maybe 5/10. But responsiveness is high, like 9/10. I played a couple matches against a 1750-1800 guy and dominated with this.

When I use this setup, I feel the need to play more actively and aggressively like FZD. So it's pretty all-around fun to use. When your game is firing, then the setup plays even better. But I feel if you are off slightly, then the setup is unforgiving.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yes. I have Kenta Matsudaira 2023 setup. All Tibhar. MK carbon with Hybrid MK on FH and Hybrid K3 on BH (both max)

But I think he upgraded to Hybrid MK Pro
Interesting, so he stopped using the ZJK ALC I guess. Why does he use a softer rubber on FH and harder rubber on bh?

This user has no status.
Interesting, so he stopped using the ZJK ALC I guess. Why does he use a softer rubber on FH and harder rubber on bh?
He’s explaining his choices on videos on his channel. But many pros prefer the harder rubber on BH.
Kenta is sponsored by Tibhar. Actually he is the CEO of Tibhar Japan

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
  1. Being new to the game many many moons ago, I, like many others look up to the best in the world, that is Ma Long not knowing anything better.
  2. I got myself the DHS Long V with DHS neoH3 National 39 degree on FH and DHS neoH3 National 37 degree on BH. It was a package deal offered by a vendor. Boosting was included in the package.
  3. It was a disaster as I could not play with it.
  4. Once I had a much higher level visiting player borrowed this set up as he is an out of towner and he had forgotten to bring his bat on that particular day. He plays with a W968 usually. He likes my Long V and was able to beat all my club members except elderly uncles who uses long / short pips.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I usually use inner carbon blades exclusively, but today I tested out a FZD copycat setup. It is the Sanwei 75 outer alc blade with Jupiter 3 H41 on fh and DragonGrip on bh.

I played quite well with this. My FH loop was fast and crisp. Backhand punch and loop was good. Block was good. It's my most lively and dynamic setup. Every shot is fast. Dwell time is on the lower side, maybe 5/10. But responsiveness is high, like 9/10. I played a couple matches against a 1750-1800 guy and dominated with this.

When I use this setup, I feel the need to play more actively and aggressively like FZD. So it's pretty all-around fun to use. When your game is firing, then the setup plays even better. But I feel if you are off slightly, then the setup is unforgiving.

I have exact fzd copy. I have the blade (using now) unopened fzd vers dhs stars edition for fh. Unopened d09c red.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
  1. Being new to the game many many moons ago, I, like many others look up to the best in the world, that is Ma Long not knowing anything better.
  2. I got myself the DHS Long V with DHS neoH3 National 39 degree on FH and DHS neoH3 National 37 degree on BH. It was a package deal offered by a vendor. Boosting was included in the package.
  3. It was a disaster as I could not play with it.
  4. Once I had a much higher level visiting player borrowed this set up as he is an out of towner and he had forgotten to bring his bat on that particular day. He plays with a W968 usually. He likes my Long V and was able to beat all my club members except elderly uncles who uses long / short pips.
39deg ma long 😂😂😂

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
so funny

OP is talking about CLONES (copy cats), while everyone is talking about the original "copy" of the pros.
It is clear that TB likes to buy clones blades.
IMG_7718.jpeg

Clones or drones? Either one, resistance is futile.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

This is my Mark 1 Avenger in close-up. A Custom made 10.5mm thick one ply hinoki. It was based off BTY Kim Taek Soo. Since BTY KTS only has JPen version, I had to get the blade maker to custom make one for me ( shakehand version )

This is a monster of a blade; super powerful, makes one wanna HULK SMASH all day. Looping? Nah! HULK SMASH!

This is my current blade. Don't know why, despite knowing she is a monster, I always find myself come back to her.

Last edited:
Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
View attachment 27992
This is my Mark 1 Avenger in close-up. A Custom made 10.5mm thick one ply hinoki. It was based off BTY Kim Taek Soo. Since BTY KTS only has JPen version, I had to get the blade maker to custom make one for me ( shakehand version )

This is a monster of a blade; super powerful, makes one wanna HULK SMASH all day. Looping? Nah! HULK SMASH!

This is my current blade. Don't know why, despite knowing she is a monster, I always find myself come back to her.
@Gozo Aruna You like em chunky!

• Love
Reactions: Gozo Aruna