PDA

View Full Version : Cornilleau Hugo Calderano Foco Blade Review | Featuring Hugo Caderano

Dan
03-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Hey guys!

In this review we are joined alongside the incredible World Number 15 Hugo Calderano to review his latest personal blades with Cornilleau! The Hugo Calderano Foco blades which come in OFF- and OFF+ variations. They are both fully constructed out of wood. We recorded the video in the Ochsenhausen training facility where Hugo trains and plays for in the Bundesliga with players such as Simon Gauzy, Can Akkuzu, Sam Walker and more!

It was really exciting to take on Hugo with his own blade, the Brazilian star is sending shock waves across world right now, recently reaching the final of the Qatar Open defeating wonderkid Harimoto, China’s Lin Gaoyuan and current world number 1 Timo Boll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-PexGO2Nhc

Written in-depth review of the Hugo Calderano Foco blades in the TTD Review Centre here. (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/equipment/blades/17341-hugo-calderano-foco-off)

Have you, or do you use this blade? Any questions, leave below guys.

piligrim
03-19-2018, 07:05 PM
is Hugo was using his regular racket or he was using Foco?

shinshiro
03-19-2018, 08:19 PM
Those backhands are no joke...

ttmonster
03-19-2018, 09:42 PM
Super excited , first thing on my watchlist today evening .. however the review center is yet to be updated Dan , does not show the write up yet ...

Hey guys!

In this review we are joined alongside the incredible World Number 15 Hugo Calderano to review his latest personal blades with Cornilleau! The Hugo Calderano Foco blades which come in OFF- and OFF+ variations. They are both fully constructed out of wood. We recorded the video in the Ochsenhausen training facility where Hugo trains and plays for in the Bundesliga with players such as Simon Gauzy, Can Akkuzu, Sam Walker and more!

It was really exciting to take on Hugo with his own blade, the Brazilian star is sending shock waves across world right now, recently reaching the final of the Qatar Open defeating wonderkid Harimoto, China’s Lin Gaoyuan and current world number 1 Timo Boll.

Written in-depth review of the Hugo Calderano Foco blades in the TTD Review Centre here. (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/equipment/blades/17341-hugo-calderano-foco-off)

NextLevel
03-19-2018, 09:58 PM
Super excited , first thing on my watchlist today evening .. however the review center is yet to be updated Dan , does not show the write up yet ...

Dan delayed the review until Hugo beat Lin, Tomokazu, and Boll... perfect timing....

Suga D
03-19-2018, 11:57 PM
Hey guys!

I think the question is: will we see Dan attack at the next England National Championships after practicing with all these world class level top pros and disguising it as "equipment-reviews'.
(Ha! Can't fool us, mate.)
Will the world see a comeback of 'Dan the man'?
[Emoji2]

On a more serious note, good job. This could only be topped if the next review is with Ma Long and his blade and Ian Marshall, Richie Prause and Adam Bobrow commenting altogether.

TTHopeful
03-20-2018, 12:33 AM
Those backhands are so fast! Does Tenergy hit the ball as hard as that?

yuri.saldon
03-20-2018, 01:01 AM
Those backhands are so fast! Does Tenergy hit the ball as hard as that?He used tenergy for a long period before switch to cornilleau

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

DylanTT
03-20-2018, 02:43 AM
Is it already for sale? Can't find it anywhere in The Netherlands...

mlax
03-20-2018, 02:49 AM
He doesn't use the blade in the review. He uses the Absolum OFF+

Dan
03-20-2018, 09:18 AM
is Hugo was using his regular racket or he was using Foco?

Hes using the Foco in the review as I tried his and checked it out. We also rotated a lot using the OFF- to test it out.

Those backhands are no joke...

Haha there ridiculous!

Awesome ttmonster! Hope you enjoyed yourself. I updated the review center just now thanks for the reminder. Got submerged by all the youtube bits and bobs :D

Dan delayed the review until Hugo beat Lin, Tomokazu, and Boll... perfect timing....

Hahaha! Pretty crazy timing, Hugo was aware of the release and new he needed to perform in Qatar ;)

I think the question is: will we see Dan attack at the next England National Championships after practicing with all these world class level top pros and disguising it as "equipment-reviews'.
[Emoji2]

On a more serious note, good job. This could only be topped if the next review is with Ma Long and his blade and Ian Marshall, Richie Prause and Adam Bobrow commenting altogether.

Hey Suga, haha that's it, its a clever tactic so I can get all this world class training :D I would love to make a comeback but my back simply wouldn't hold up. I played a few games here and there recently but that's as far as I can go really. Hopefully in the future :)

Thank you! Now that would be awesome hahaha!

Those backhands are so fast! Does Tenergy hit the ball as hard as that?

Good question. I think the pros using Tenergy in reviews such as the Boll or Freitas review, they are going for more spin and purchase in their shots. Whereas Hugo is unleashing a lot more power and forward momentum through the ball.

I believe so yes. You could try a local distributor nearby and see if they will ship to the Netherlands.

He doesn't use the blade in the review. He uses the Absolum OFF+

Hi mlax, Hugo used the OFF+ and OFF- throughout the review.

RidTheKid
03-20-2018, 09:21 AM
Or Fzd and his blade :D

[Emoji2]

piligrim
03-20-2018, 03:15 PM
what rubbers where used in this review?

bobpuls
03-20-2018, 07:29 PM
if you are listen carefully you now they are using Cornilleau Target Pro GT h47

ttmonster
03-21-2018, 04:56 AM
Is he the youngest player to get his own blade ? Also you played against both FZD and Hugo , how would you compare the ball quality ?

Hes using the Foco in the review as I tried his and checked it out. We also rotated a lot using the OFF- to test it out.

Haha there ridiculous!

Awesome ttmonster! Hope you enjoyed yourself. I updated the review center just now thanks for the reminder. Got submerged by all the youtube bits and bobs :D

Hahaha! Pretty crazy timing, Hugo was aware of the release and new he needed to perform in Qatar ;)

Hey Suga, haha that's it, its a clever tactic so I can get all this world class training :D I would love to make a comeback but my back simply wouldn't hold up. I played a few games here and there recently but that's as far as I can go really. Hopefully in the future :)

Thank you! Now that would be awesome hahaha!

Good question. I think the pros using Tenergy in reviews such as the Boll or Freitas review, they are going for more spin and purchase in their shots. Whereas Hugo is unleashing a lot more power and forward momentum through the ball.

I believe so yes. You could try a local distributor nearby and see if they will ship to the Netherlands.

Hi mlax, Hugo used the OFF+ and OFF- throughout the review.

Tinykin
03-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Hey Dan, maybe you should explain what 'purchase' means in this context; "they are going for more spin and purchase in their shots."
I am no English expert, but I think that expression is rarely used outside of England.

ILoveTT
03-21-2018, 09:58 PM
Is there a big difference in speed with the off- and off plus?

Konrad Bak
03-21-2018, 10:33 PM
he has his CUSTOM blade, not Absolum OFF+ source: Cornilleau

piligrim
03-27-2018, 03:27 PM
is Foco OFF+ will work with Hurricane rubbbers?

Makelele
03-27-2018, 10:54 PM
Did you find any shop where they are selling this blade?

Ravil
03-28-2018, 03:17 AM
Both tabletennis24.com, tabletennis-sportsmadison.com should have the blades

Makelele
03-30-2018, 09:04 PM
Not in tabletennis24 in the Cornilleau blades they offer and advertisede in sportsmadison but not in stock now.
It is very difficult to find. Too bad for a new item. Come on, Cornilleau do the things right!

Jimbob MacInbred
03-30-2018, 09:25 PM
Not in tabletennis24 in the Cornilleau blades they offer and advertisede in sportsmadison but not in stock now.
It is very difficult to find. Too bad for a new item. Come on, Cornilleau do the things right!

Have you checked out spinfactory.de? It's a german shop that ships to other countries as well...
https://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/tischtennis/cornilleau.html

Here you can check if they ship to your country and how much it costs (on the top left of the page you can switch to english if necessary!)
https://www.spinfactory.de/lieferung/

Makelele
03-30-2018, 10:36 PM
Spot on, Jimbob. It's in stock in their site. Thanks for the info.

Dan
04-02-2018, 10:26 AM

Hi Piligrim the Cornilleau Target Pro GT h47 :)

Is he the youngest player to get his own blade ? Also you played against both FZD and Hugo , how would you compare the ball quality ?

Good question ttmonster, Hugo is 21, I'm currently looking around and can't find anyone younger. Timo was how old when the TImo Boll Spirit was released?

Is there a big difference in speed with the off- and off plus?

I think there is quite a difference yes. Also the OFF+ feels quite a lot different in the hand, the grip is thicker. and a lot quicker.

is Foco OFF+ will work with Hurricane rubbbers?

I think it would work well, I prefer Hurricane when on a carbon blade due to the feeling, but Hurricane works well on wood blades. The speed of the OFF+ should help give the Hurricane a good amount of kick.

Hey Dan, maybe you should explain what 'purchase' means in this context; "they are going for more spin and purchase in their shots."
I am no English expert, but I think that expression is rarely used outside of England.

Hey Tinykin, good point, that is a word that very few people use so some people will not be to sure what it means. Ill take this into consideration for future videos. I'm basically saying there, they are going for more spin and spin haha :D

Did you find any shop where they are selling this blade?

Glad you have it sorted now Makelele :)