Shoes

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
The pros, looking at the matches, use regular footwear. Mizuno, Li Ning, Butterfly, Asics, Stiga, all that.

I’m happy with my current Stiga Liner shoes. Before that, Mizuno Wave Drive was also excellent but might maybe have been a bit more durable. The same holds for the Donic and Butterfly shoes before that.

Reactions: Atas Newton

NDH

says Spin to win!
What shoes are the pros using and are them version available or just commercial?
What are the best quality shoes?
What shoes do you like using?

I'd be very surprised if the pros were using shoes that weren't the models you can buy in the shop.

Any custom fitting will come from the in soles I imagine.

I used to use Butterfly shoes, back when ASICS made the sole - But since that's stopped, and the Butterfly price has increased, I've moved to Mizuno.

Absolutely love them - can't fault them at all.

I generally wear them for 2 seasons and then change.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
I was looking at the Mizuno Wave Drive 8 before I posted this thread but didn’t want to mention that to remove bias. Seems that they are the best though. How long do they last in terms of grippiness? I play 6 times a week and my butterfly lezilines only lasted 6 months before losing their grip so I was looking to switch. Usually, everything I use is butterfly( clothing, bag, rubbers, blade, the lot) so I wouldn’t normally go for another brand but Mizuno sound like the best. Also, lezolines give me blisters on my big toe so I am hoping that the Mizuno shoe doesn’t do this for me.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Stiga Liner 2 is an amazing kind of shoe. Soft, comfy and also very grippy. It is also very durable.

That's what I'm using now. I got them when they just came out.

On the left shoe of my Mizuno Wave Drive 6 or 7 (can't recall), the sole wore out and lost grip in a handful of months. Very comfortable, snug fit and natural movement, but that was a bit disappointing to me.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I was looking at the Mizuno Wave Drive 8 before I posted this thread but didn’t want to mention that to remove bias. Seems that they are the best though. How long do they last in terms of grippiness? I play 6 times a week and my butterfly lezilines only lasted 6 months before losing their grip so I was looking to switch. Usually, everything I use is butterfly( clothing, bag, rubbers, blade, the lot) so I wouldn’t normally go for another brand but Mizuno sound like the best. Also, lezolines give me blisters on my big toe so I am hoping that the Mizuno shoe doesn’t do this for me.

I have the Butterfly Lezolines and Wave Drive 8. I find the Lezolines to be a bit too bulky and heavy compared to the Wave Drives which are lightweight with a thing sole (which I prefer, like Garrison). For this reason the thick Lezolines soles last a lot longer than the Wave Drives (I also had the 5 & 7 models before), but I prefer to play with these even if I have to change them more often.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Indeed, Mizuno Wave Drive is a great TT-shoe! I don't know if Asics have good ones for TT?

Asics have great TT shoes only available in Japan except their sizing stops at 28 cm / US 10. I had a pair (same as Koki Niwa) which I wore with thin socks that were great but a little too small. If only they had larger sizes and made them available in Europe and the rest of the world...

I’ve used Wave Drives in the past and I got a year out of them before they lost grip. And when I say lost grip, I mean wore through the sole. I bought Lezoline Rifones and I love them. I’m a little on the bigger side for tt at 185lbs and I feel more stable in them. I must have rolled my ankle five times in the mizunos. Not once in my butterfly’s. I just snagged another pair for half the price a month ago.

Asics have great TT shoes only available in Japan except their sizing stops at 28 cm / US 10. I had a pair (same as Koki Niwa) which I wore with thin socks that were great but a little too small. If only they had larger sizes and made them available in Europe and the rest of the world...

Thanks for this useful info but my Mizuno's are not worn yet, because i don't move so much. :D

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews

The Blade-Lyte 3 just the like Blade 6 is a badminton / TT shoe. I’ve just switched from Wave Drive 8 to Blade 6 and I’m extremely happy. Quite similar but I prefer the lacing and heel counter of ASICS.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Last edited: