Doubt about changing

So I was thinking to buy a Clipper CR with Friendship Battle II in FH and Bluefire M2 on BH but I saw the Stiga OC and it's more flex than clipper. Should I buy the Clipper or the OC? I'm an intermediate player and I like to loop and block close-mid the table.
Thanks!

Clipper CR is quite faster/thicker/stiffer and heavier than the OC. You can still loop with the CL it’s just a different feeling than OC. It’s difficult to suggest if you had to pick one without us seeing you play. I would say go for the Clipper since you like to Block it’s sooooo good at blocking due to having more plies (7) the OC has 5 plies hence the “flex”. and because of this (flex), the OC would take a bit more effort in blocking. Clipper is almost effortless when blocking at least in my experience. I’ve had both and prefer the Clipper. It’s my current blade now actually. I would say try both if your budget allows. I see used ones both models online FS on *bay and especially various TT forums. Either way, they are both EXCELLENT BLADES. You just need to pick the one that feels and works best for you....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: SpearRKO
With the old ball, the Clipper CR seems very fast but with the polyball, it is not as fast as before. The oc cr offers more control and flex. If you worry more about control get the oc ce but personally since you are using a Chiinese rubber in the forehand, I would choose Clipper CR any day.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Depends on your technique and power.

OC + Chinese tacky rubber = requires good technique and lots of power to produce crazy spinny shots. It's a winner combo when it comes to spin. But it can lack power when you counterspin from mid distance.

Clipper + Chinese tacky rubber = lower arc with more power. Less spin than OC but it will save you from doing full-swing loop all the time.

I have played with almost all Chinese rubber. I have played with B2. Since you haven't tried Chinese tacky rubber, I would suggest Sanwei Target National.

sanwei-target-national.jpg

It's quite forgiving, ~70% tackiness of Hurricane, has good control and feel. It's less spinny than Hurricane. At $25USD it's a decent rubber. No boosting needed.

I haven't tried the chinese rubbers but I want to put it in forehand to try it. Should I?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
A better way of finding equipment that would be good for you is to try setups from people who play at the club you go to. Looking at reviews online can drive you crazy and make you think you need every blade you see. But when you try things that others are using, you start to have a better idea of what you really want.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OP should ask around for the Schildkröt 900 and you will never again ask around for a fast bat. After you try that one out, NOTHING feels fast anymore. You gotta look real hard, real discrete like, but you have some chance to score one. Just be sure to acquire the needed protection gear first or you'll be sorry.

Some of the TT former who have been around more than 13 years on the forums know which blade this is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
OC + Chinese tacky rubber = requires good technique and lots of power to produce crazy spinny shots. It's a winner combo when it comes to spin. But it can lack power when you counterspin from mid distance.
has good control and feel. It's less spinny than Hurricane. At $25USD it's a decent rubber. No boosting needed.

yes, stiga OC with Chinese rubbers will feel slow and you need a lot of power