Recommendation for 50 degrees hardness Rubber

This user has no status.
Hi Everyone,

Can guys help me in my frustrations :D. I'm planning to buy a new set of blade and rubber.

Below are the blade I set my eyes now. As I'm currently looking for a 7 ply allwood blade.

Stiga Clipper Classic
Xiom Extreme S

For some history of my setup, if this might help. My first setup is Stiga Allround Classic with Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm FH and BH. After a year, I change my rubber to Acuda S2 2.0mm FH and BH been using this setup up to now. I'am playing in an average of 3 hours or more every day. I don't have a proper training/coach since my teacher is the one that trains and coach me. I don't know if you can call that a proper coach. I have a playing partner/classmate that's why I can play almost everyday, excluding this time because of the pandemic.

Now I'm looking to upgrade my blade and also my rubber. My target hardness is 50 degrees. What would you recommend with the blade mention above.

PS feel free to recommend a blade too. Thank you.

Edit: Also a 50 degree rubber.
or maybe above 50 degrees I think I will add that to my consideration. :eek:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
How about this rubber Stiga DNA H compare to MXP 50 and Rhyzer Pro 50?

Everything in that range might feel hard and unforgiving.

The Mantra should feel closer to the MX-P as the Rhyzer is built to a different concept of thinner topsheet to enable thicker sponge.

However I recommend you take a minute to think whether a "target hardness" of 50 degrees is right for you and why.
If you have played with such rubbers to your satisfaction then go for it.

If it is a theoretical step in evolution I think it is quite a wide step from the soft Acudas on the Stiga Classic.

You might make a more appropriate change with the 47,5/48 degree versions first.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Everything in that range might feel hard and unforgiving.

The Mantra should feel closer to the MX-P as the Rhyzer is built to a different concept of thinner topsheet to enable thicker sponge.

However I recommend you take a minute to think whether a "target hardness" of 50 degrees is right for you and why.
If you have played with such rubbers to your satisfaction then go for it.

If it is a theoretical step in evolution I think it is quite a wide step from the soft Acudas on the Stiga Classic.

You might make a more appropriate change with the 47,5/48 degree versions first.

Actually yeah, My first thinking was to go to 47.5, fastarc G1 is my choice or R47, skipping on mxp because of the durability issue. But somehow, I keep thinking to go to 50 degrees that because in my mind I think I'll manage to play it if I use it for a long time. But yes, I guess your point is valid.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am glad Airoc caught the rubber hardness thing. Going from S2 to a 50 degree rubber does not really make much sense.

But going from Allround Classic to a 7 ply that is fast like the Clipper and Extreme S sounds to me like it could be another mistake.

BaniMasinloc: How long have you been playing? What is your general level?

If someone was pushing heavy backspin to your FH, in a match situation and the game was on the line, you were down 9-10, how would you return the backspin?

If someone was pushing heavy backspin to your BH with the game on the line, (same score) what shot would you use to return with your BH?

Do you have any video of yourself playing that we could see? This would help us see if the equipment you are thinking of would be appropriate for you. We cannot really tell that if we have not seen you play. The footage would not need to be more than 15-30 seconds long as long as there were a few FHs and a few BHs in the footage. That would be enough for us to tell things that would be good for your next setup.

Without that, people are just telling you equipment they like which might be good for them, without having any idea if it is good for you.

A fast 7 ply blade will be much harder to control than the Allround Classic. 50 degree rubbers would be much harder to use and control than the S2 you are using. So you would be switching to a setup that would be harder to use and could easily cause you to miss more shots. It might be fine for you. But without video footage, we cannot know if that is the case or if that would be a poor choice for you that would make it harder for you to improve.

With the blade, an upgrade to a 5 ply Off- blade like the Offensive S might make much more sense. That would usually be a logical jump from the blade you are using.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You are not gunna see Der_Echte say to anyone to go from a soft or mid firm rubber to 50 degree hard, unless the player is simply a BANGER and never knew it, or had Korean DMA they didn't know of.

Airoc is correct to advise about discovering one's sponge hardness middle zone. For most topspinners starting out, it likely isn't anything near that hard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Although I've always played with harder rubbers, I recently changed from Acuda S1 to Gewo EL Pro 50 on the FH side.
I wouldn't be afraid from changing to harder rubbers. Maybe it suits you more than soft rubbers. However, current 50 degree rubbers are beasts. If you don't have proper technique, you won't be really consistent. I would recommend to change to Acuda S1, Evolution EL-S or something harder, but below 50 degree. If you want to try harder rubbers maybe MX-S. They won't ruin your game, but you will get closer to the harder category. Even if you want something faster, which feels like an upgrade then go for MX-P or the new generation of 48/47.5 degree rubbers. And take note that this comes from a player who loves ripping the ball next to the opponent and listen to it still spinng on the floor. Take a middle step.

Last edited: