Timo swaps hands!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Timo Boll once again demonstrates his ability to switch hands, and does it against Jun Mizutani in an epic rally.

This rally took place at the Volkswagon Cup 2011.

Enjoy!

0.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hes such a beast! This is actually something I'm trying to be able to achieve. Whenever my arm is sore I practice the next several days with my left hand while letting my right arm rest. And when I come back to my right arm after practicing with left. My right arm improves. I think because a lot of it is mental. So practicing both in my opinion helps develop your game all around.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah Boll's left hand skills are pretty impressive. As to whether he would be able to win a tournament that forced everyone to use their off hand, thats questionable. In the Ma Long reportage video, as part of their training the Chinese players have to practice a decent amount left handed so that they don't get too lopsided, muscle-wise.

I think once you reach a certain level, you just know when to hit a ball, and what spin and everything is, which allows you to be decent with your offhand. I am a 1800 level player, but I can beat players who are like 1200-1300 lefthanded.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
It's also kind of important to point out that one of the main reasons that Boll does this sometimes, is because he isn't fast enough, and at times has bad footwork and finds himself out of position, something that rarely happens to Chinese players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
i would love to see a penhold player hand swap but they proberly wouldn't have enough time to sort out their grip

haha yeah.... that would be hard

I do remember Li Ching doing it a few times in different games. He is a pretty unorthodox player.