How does Timo Boll win at his age?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
How does Timo Boll do it? A lot of people thought his game was coming to an end but to defeat Lin and Harimoto at his age is impressive.
FB_IMG_1705792465685.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
How does Timo Boll do it? A lot of people thought his game was coming to an end but to defeat Lin and Harimoto at his age is impressive.
View attachment 28133
IMHE (in my humble experience), age doesn't mean you don't have good days or good weeks, age means they get fewer and fewer. One thing that was evident in this tournament is that his spin is still incredibly heavy when it needs to be and he doesn't miss if you don't make him move.

This user has no status.
Pretty much being a model athlete and taking care of himself well from what I see. He took his time to heal from his injury well, delaying a comeback until he was 100% healed.

Next to that, traveling to league and cup games in Germany with his camper to reduce stress and wasted time to travel home after a game, giving him proper time to wind down after a game.

Also, he is 100% determined to make it to the 2024 Paris Olympics. He is on a march to execute his plan to reaching his goal and he seems like the guy that when he puts his mind to it (and his body allows him to do so) he can reach deep to make his goal come true.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Pretty much being a model athlete and taking care of himself well from what I see. He took his time to heal from his injury well, delaying a comeback until he was 100% healed.

Next to that, traveling to league and cup games in Germany with his camper to reduce stress and wasted time to travel home after a game, giving him proper time to wind down after a game.

Also, he is 100% determined to make it to the 2024 Paris Olympics. He is on a march to execute his plan to reaching his goal and he seems like the guy that when he puts his mind to it (and his body allows him to do so) he can reach deep to make his goal come true.
His only chance is that one of Franziska, Dima or Dang get injured. It will be incredibly hard for him to get one of the two spots the last two already have. The one thing in his favor is that he is a lefty and a great doubles player, but I don't see it regardless.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Pips are not magic. The don't create any spin or speed that a normal rubber cannot. Pips work well against noobs that don't know how to play against them. At Boll's level, his opponents know how to play against LPs so LPs is not an advantage in fact it would be more of a disadvantage. Boll also has some good video on what makes his FH loops so effective. Eventually time will take its toll and Boll will need to be satisfied with coaching. Another TT player I follow is He Zhi Wen. He now plays at lower leagues.