PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC Blade Review

TableTennisDaily
08-26-2014, 01:03 PM
TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review Butterfly's latest blade, the Zhang Jike Super ZLC.

@Dan and @Tom both used the Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC blade in this review using the Butterfly Tenergy 05 rubbers. The review looks at the blade characteristics, various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis and also which types of players this blade is most suited to. Thanks to Butterfly, Daniel Ives, Tom Maynard, and Kingfisher Table Tennis Club in the making of this review. You can buy Butterfly's Zhang Jike Super ZLC blade on the Butterfly website here. (http://www.butterfly.tt/zhang-jike-super-zlc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_rlBzR0nJg

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Do you use any of the Zhang Jike series of blades? Both Christian Suss and Shan Xiaona are now using the Zhang Jike Super ZLC blade.

Check out more TableTennisDaily Equipment Reviews here. (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?289-TTD-Equipment-Reviews)

Altherenz
08-26-2014, 01:27 PM
I use ZJK ALC

Krispy
08-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Nice review. Looks pretty fast, but that's complemented by the tenergy I guess. Think about changing my frame and this might be a nice option, but it might be too fast for me.
Btw, like the ''made in Japan'' sign on a ZJ frame ;)

TurboZ
08-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Great review as always. Thanks very much. Would like to know the difference between this and Jun Mizutani SZLC.

_atti
08-26-2014, 01:51 PM
This blade has a damaged outer layer (0:53 min). it was originaly from the box? what about the quality of production? I have 2 bty blades (innerforce zlc and mizutani zlc ) and i've never seen damage like this before.. and there..

Of course Thanks for this superb review :)

Rajah*
08-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Thaaaaaaaaaaank you ttd team wuhooooooooo! Finally Dan my inbox can rest :-D here you go guys. You can compare how aggressive Dan and Tom attack the ball. Very nice video Dan as you promised.. awesome!

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Sean_Paul
08-26-2014, 02:12 PM
The blade is awesome.Great speed ,great control very nice.
Im going to buy it soon .

Thanks to TTD team for this review
Guys u are the best !!!!

snotvod
08-26-2014, 02:12 PM
But why is it sooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive : 370$ ?

exort04
08-26-2014, 02:31 PM
The blade can be quite good but note well the difference using the T05 for the others reviews ...
more power, more control , more spin...

chuklebolt
08-26-2014, 03:05 PM
Should I get one? :rolleyes: What's the outer ply? Is it koto? I personally don't like koto outer plies :rolleyes: Haven't had the chance to go check it out at the store.

anchorschmidt
08-26-2014, 07:08 PM
As usual, great job Dan and Tom. @Tom, I think your play has definitely improved since your trip to China :)

Giangt
08-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Super good quality review guys! Keep up The good work. :)

slevin
08-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the review - great as always!

This shows how subjective certain attributes like speed / power are: I think most that have tried the blade found it to be one of the most powerful blades (away from the table) available.

I tried the ZJK-SZLC vs the ZJK-ALC and found the SZLC much more powerful from mid-distance. Perhaps, it's extra stiffness manifested into the apparent power problem?

yogi_bear
08-27-2014, 12:58 AM
i have only tried the regular ZJK alc for a short while from a friend. I find it not too fast. it had spin art and t05 glued on it. even with t05 it wasnt that fast. good spinner's blade i guess. also, IMHO, the regular zjk blade was hurriedly made in order to capitalize zjk's rise to stardom at that time. i think they improved the blade better on the super version

Dan
08-27-2014, 01:04 AM
I use ZJK ALC

Awesome! How do you find the ZJK ALC?

Great review as always. Thanks very much. Would like to know the difference between this and Jun Mizutani SZLC.

No worries @Turboz Yes I would like to know this to. Hopefully some users will post some reviews of the Mizutani SZLC.

This blade has a damaged outer layer (0:53 min). it was originaly from the box? what about the quality of production? I have 2 bty blades (innerforce zlc and mizutani zlc ) and i've never seen damage like this before.. and there..

Of course Thanks for this superb review :)

Thank you for the compliments on the review :)

I shot the intro after the review, I think that is glue that you can see on the blade. It is not damaged. The production is superb, I wouldn't worry about that :)

Thaaaaaaaaaaank you ttd team wuhooooooooo! Finally Dan my inbox can rest :-D here you go guys. You can compare how aggressive Dan and Tom attack the ball. Very nice video Dan as you promised.. awesome!

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Haha! I am glad your inbox can rest now :) Happy you like the review Rajah.

Thanks for the review - great as always!

This shows how subjective certain attributes like speed / power are: I think most that have tried the blade found it to be one of the most powerful blades (away from the table) available.

I tried the ZJK-SZLC vs the ZJK-ALC and found the SZLC much more powerful from mid-distance. Perhaps, it's extra stiffness manifested into the apparent power problem?

Yeah I agree with you. Different reviews have found different attributes. I think technique and style of play will have a lot to do with this. Yeah I think the extra stiffness could have caused the apparent power problem. I felt with perhaps a little more softer rubber such as the Tenergy 80 FX I would have been able to play stronger away from the table with more arc.

Thanks for commenting :) Glad you liked the reviews.

Giangt
08-27-2014, 05:41 AM
Should I get one? :rolleyes: What's the outer ply? Is it koto? I personally don't like koto outer plies :rolleyes: Haven't had the chance to go check it out at the store. if you should get one is up to you ;) the outer ply is koto yes. The composition of the blade is quite similar to Viscaria FL and the rest of the ZJK series. The difference lies in the composite/fibre layers.

RyanLol
08-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Very nice review! Thanks:)

TTHopeful
08-27-2014, 04:47 PM
It is very expensive, but looks good. I think its a blade you would have, but wouldn't want to use just incase you break it ;)

chuklebolt
08-29-2014, 03:53 AM
if you should get one is up to you ;) the outer ply is koto yes. The composition of the blade is quite similar to Viscaria FL and the rest of the ZJK series. The difference lies in the composite/fibre layers.

That's what I thought about the blade structure. I think it's not bad to get one just to try it out, you can sell it off as a second hand with fairly good price here in Thailand too if it's not damaged :rolleyes: something like 350$ --> 300$

stephen_jin
12-31-2014, 12:55 PM
i decided to buy zhangjike super zlc and T05 rubbers immediately after viewing this video
it's very such a good blade & rubber.
thanks!

Powerlooppaulo
01-01-2015, 06:48 PM
What standard do Dan and Tom play at?

Tinykin
01-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Tom is English Top 20 player. Dan does not play competitively, not even local league. But if he did, he would be easy top 100, probably top 50.

Giangt
01-01-2015, 08:40 PM
That's what I thought about the blade structure. I think it's not bad to get one just to try it out, you can sell it off as a second hand with fairly good price here in Thailand too if it's not damaged :rolleyes: something like 350$ --> 300$ If your EJ syndrome is itching and your wallet is full then go for it :) pls. Make a review of the blade if possible :)

aznalanx32
01-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Who do you think is better, Tom or Dan? I want to see them in a real match. :)

Tinykin
01-02-2015, 03:54 AM
Tom is a semi-pro player. Dan is a coach.

Powerlooppaulo
01-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info guys thats really interesting. I thought Dan looked better than Tom in terms of shape and technique, obviously its hard to tell after just watching reviews on rubbers etc

Tom
01-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info guys thats really interesting. I thought Dan looked better than Tom in terms of shape and technique, obviously its hard to tell after just watching reviews on rubbers etc

Your right Dan has great technique, mine is quite strange haha, me and Dan were a very similar standard when he was forced to quit because of his Injury. I am now ranked 11 in England so I guess if Dan was still playing he would be at a similar level :) Hope you enjoyed the review guys!

Dan
01-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Tom is English Top 20 player. Dan does not play competitively, not even local league. But if he did, he would be easy top 100, probably top 50.

This is about right @Tinykin :)

Your right Dan has great technique, mine is quite strange haha, me and Dan were a very similar standard when he was forced to quit because of his Injury. I am now ranked 11 in England so I guess if Dan was still playing he would be at a similar level :) Hope you enjoyed the review guys!

Tom has nailed it here. In 2009 we was very similar level in a match environment. I stopped cocompetitivelyn 2009 due to a back injury so now I just coach. In a match I really struggle against Tom now, he has me running all over the place :D

Stay tuned for our upcoming reviews of 2015 everyone! We have some exciting blades and rubbers to review!

Giangt
01-02-2015, 09:39 PM
This is about right @Tinykin :)

Tom has nailed it here. In 2009 we was very similar level in a match environment. I stopped cocompetitivelyn 2009 due to a back injury so now I just coach. In a match I really struggle against Tom now, he has me running all over the place :D

Stay tuned for our upcoming reviews of 2015 everyone! We have some exciting blades and rubbers to review! But now you look better on camera than Tom :) haha

Dan
01-02-2015, 09:41 PM
But now you look better on camera than Tom :) haha

Haha, looks can be deceiving Giangt :)

Giangt
01-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Haha, looks can be deceiving Giangt :)
May be the reason is the camera angle is filming you from front and Tom's behind. ;)

Powerlooppaulo
01-02-2015, 10:53 PM
He may fair better against waldner :-)

Outerveneer
01-02-2015, 11:49 PM
But why is it sooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive : 370$ ?

Thats sick! Is that the cheapest prize for this blade??

Tinykin
01-03-2015, 12:45 AM
Thats sick! Is that the cheapest prize for this blade??

Stop complaining and buy it. You will then have the satisfaction of knowing that your purchase helped to finance the fuel bill for ZJK's Maserati.

Rajah*
01-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Hahaha just buy the blade [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Outerveneer
01-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Do you guys think it will work good with Airoc M?

Rajah*
01-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Oh you should ask Dan bout the airoc. No prob with szlc+tenergy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

yaosir
01-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Nice blade with less control than the viscaria

stephen_jin
01-08-2015, 12:13 PM
i guess i am good as tom and dan does

rocketscientist
01-08-2015, 04:14 PM
How is it compared to Carbonado? Don't want to spend all my christmas money on the ZLC. Sick price!

Powerlooppaulo
01-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Anyone tried joola ryhzm on forehand?

Powerlooppaulo
01-10-2015, 01:07 PM
If Dan is only coaching at the mo i suppose id expect his technique to be pretty good, imagine if it wasnt and hes coaching people haha. What is Toms surname?

Wannes
01-12-2015, 03:29 PM
If it is so good than why is Zhang Jike still playing viscaria?

aboyassien
01-13-2015, 12:09 AM
good quality review guys, good work.

mahomedy13
01-14-2015, 09:23 PM
If Dan is only coaching at the mo i suppose id expect his technique to be pretty good, imagine if it wasnt and hes coaching people haha. What is Toms surname?

Its Tom Maynard

mahomedy13
01-14-2015, 09:25 PM

Just take a look at the review,and you will notice that Dan technique is superb,and that he is more than capable to coach really well.

Powerlooppaulo
01-14-2015, 09:32 PM
That was my original point, arguably better than Toms

Powerlooppaulo
01-14-2015, 09:33 PM
So its Tom Tom Maynard? ;-) just joking

TT-Chris
01-14-2015, 09:39 PM
Hey really nice review. Thank you guys. It must be a great Blade but the prize is rude.
I think there are Blades out there with almost the same features between 40-100 €.

Powerlooppaulo
01-20-2015, 11:00 AM
I think I'm gonna try a clipper, I knows it's an all wood hard blade like

anupruthi
12-24-2018, 02:58 PM
I think this blade is stiff and needs a pro to harness it's power. Difficult to control.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk