The giants of Table Tennis met again in the 2nd leg of the Champions League Semi Final tie between Borussia Dusseldorf and Neiderosterreich. Dusseldorf booked themselves a place in the final by beating Neiderosterreich overall by 3-1 in matches.

timo_boll_19_12_09_Large.jpg

Photo Source: ITTF Asia Pacific Office

Match of the day

The match of the day went to Timo Boll vs Chen Weixing. In the first leg, Boll had lost in a thrilling 5 setter. However this time round he was'nt to make any mistakes and swept Chen of the floor by beating him 3 straight. Throughout the game, Timo Boll used his aggressive forehand to utilize Chen from corner to corner of the table.

Timo Boll exposed Chen's middle and then played wide to either corner, this allowed Timo to win the game 3-0 with the scores 11-8, 11-4, 11-1

Timo Boll vs Daniel Habesohn

In the first leg Timo Boll had an incredibily tough challenge narrowly beating Daniel Habesohn 3-2. However, today the second leg Timo Boll showed a much more stronger display and settled the match with a 3 games to 1 win. Daniel however showed how he can compete with the top Europeans and I expect we will see a lot more from him to come.

Patrick Baum vs Chen Weixing

Patrick Baum vs Chen Weixing was a thriller and a eye pleaser for the crowd. Patrick took a 2-0 lead playing tremendous table tennis using his good use of footwork and forehand displays. Chen on the other hand looked to be out of the match until things started changing around. Chen fought hard and pulled his way back through the match to give Neiderosterreich’s first point. The score was 11-1, 11-9, 4-11, 9-11, 6-11.

Christian Suss vs Stefan Fegerl

Stefan Feger had a tough contest against Christian in the first leg loosing 3-0 so this match up was'nt going to be easy. Stefan fought his hardest however with a good display of incredible control by Christian Suss it was'nt to be and Suss went away with a 3 games to 0 victory. The scores were 11-7, 11-8, 11-7.

Final Scores
Timo Boll beat Daniel Habesohn 3-1 (11-5, 5-11, 11-6, 15-13)
Patrick Baum lost to Chen Weixing 2-3 (11-1, 11-9, 4-11, 9-11, 6-11)
Christian Suss beat Stefan Fegerl 3-0 (11-7, 11-8, 11-7)
Timo Boll best Chen Weixing 3-0 (11-8, 11-4, 11-1)

For more on all the latest table tennis articles visit http://tabletennista.com/

--- Please hit the share button at the top of the article to share to your facebook and spread the word on the Champions League Semi Final tie. ---

Your comments and views on this match up?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Timo is for me the best player what a shame that he lost Vs. Xu Xin in Qatar open 2011, and I'm worried about cause Xu won 4-0, Timo could not du anything!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
For this match, I'm not sure that, but Chen Weixing looks like has some leg injury. If you watch carefully during the 2nd set, he seems like kind of dragging the leg between each play. But Timo had to keep the aggressive play, else he will let the opponent gain their own pace, especially in the WTTC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I like Chens style & his personality at times, it showed in this match. If Timo plays that well in the "Big Tourny" he should win the Gold he deserves.! And F**k that stupit ref that gave Chen a red card-took a point, learn to grow a smile u......!