TTD Members at Maryland National Training Center April 2016 Tourney

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey everyone, BricePhan visited me at the MDTTC April 2016 Tourney today... and the bearded friend of mine whom I hope will join TTD and teach us a thing or three competed in my U2000 division. We both won our groups, advanced, but unfortunately had to play each other in the first game of single elimination stage. I won 3-2, but man, my friend really opened a can of whoop-azz on me for games 3 & 4 :). My friend and Brice, along with one of the club's owners (England's Michael Levene) cheered me on to the finals where i fell in deuce at 5th in a fabulous match for spectators. Table Tennis is an entertainment business and it lived up to it. LOTS of action and fun antics. Even the BTY Goon Squad was impressed and joined in the cheers for my opponent flexing biceps and kissing them. (That club is sponsored by BTY.) ( I actually did this cheer for my opponents a couple times each match after a good FH )

My friend entered the open and got pulverized by a 2500 level chopper and the young coach from Chantilly.

All in all it was a fun filled day.

Something you all gotta understand about this club and people who show up there for tourneys... LOTS of effective coaching and MANY players improving faster than they can do tourneys to catch up ratings. Then there is the crowd who plays WAY better than their low 1800s rating. I try to win all my matches and enter the events of my level and one above. The next higher level was U2300, simply too high a level to enter and expect to compete.

ANYONE making it to the finals in the U2000 or U1900 if they hold it reeeeeeeeally went through a gauntlet of ringers. Out of 40 players in the field, there must have be 12 who were good enough players to go all the way. You really gotta play 1or 2 levels better to each finals in that event. The high end of the division is STACKED with players who are a level or better than their official rating.

A1.jpgA2.jpgA3.jpgA4.jpgA5.jpgA6.jpgA7.jpgA8.jpg