This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thanks ! I want to see Zhang vs the Jang in the final , lets hope that happens . Whoever wins it will be a cracker !
ZJK will take on Lin Gaoyuan at 20:00 China time tonight. Too bad the remaining 3 Chinese players has to cancel each other out before final. The step down of LGL does have its psychological impact and wrong timing on the whole team. So far China still took the Team and XD championship. Will see if they can keep the rest.

Reactions: Suga D and TurboZ
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Koki Niwa defeats Xu Xin. How on earth is that possible!

Looks like there is no chemistry between XX and Ma Lin's coaching. The unfamiliarity of the Nittaku Premium plus the matches with best of 5 all contributed to more upsets. XX said in the after match interview that he was playing badly seeing he is the only Chinese in his half and pressure is high on him. He failed to take game 1 and 3 after leading is the main reason of the loss.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Miu is really becoming a great contender to be world champion/grand slam.
since 2 ago, I eyed her as the future Japanese number 1, even though Ito was the more higher ranked/popular one.
Miu's game is more allround/complete and with her development in Age and Strength, she can only get better.

Imo, her speed has improved a lot since I saw her in December.
Really humble young lady with lots of ambition and trains really hard.
I guess having Japanese national olympic committee giving you millions a year does help too,

Not surprise when Japan gets lots of medals at Tokyo 2020 - this is for all sporting codes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Looks like there is no chemistry between XX and Ma Lin's coaching. The unfamiliarity of the Nittaku Premium plus the matches with best of 5 all contributed to more upsets. XX said in the after match interview that he was playing badly seeing he is the only Chinese in his half and pressure is high on him. He failed to take game 1 and 3 after leading is the main reason of the loss.

I sometimes don't feel CNT as a team treats Asian Champs with high priority.

World tournaments, they will conduct close training and prepare mentally for "each" opponent.
But come Asian champs, we always see the mens loosing unexpectedly...

Does that mean, if CNT doesn't do close training, they are vulnerable to be beaten....

This Asian champ is a shocker for me, for both mens and womens single result
Alarm bells went off indeed

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
I felt for the Olympics HIRANO should have taken the place of FUKUHARA who had very bad results. Well FUKUHARA was close to getting a medal; her tournament was actually better than i expected. In the team event, she lost to HAN Ying, but she's a strong opponent and FUKUHARA has always been bad against choppers. In Singles, she really had no chance against LI Xiaoxia, but in the Bronze medal match, she lost again to the (unseeded PRK) chopper...

ITO's game is a bit like FUKUHARA, she is relying on her fast BH blocks and flat attacks. It can be spectacular but its very risky, especially when against spinny and low balls... There is no margin for error. ITO has lost against many 2-tier players in ITTF open, she was also knocked down early in the national championships, her results are not very good and you can see that she doesn't feel very confident at the table when things don't turn immediately on her favour.

HIRANO is playing a more classic game, she developped a really deadly BH, but now her FH is really really fast as well. She's also really trying to impose her pace and tactics. She almost always serve from the same position; takes the advantage in the BH diagonal then finishes with FH etc...

The final will be very interesting, CHEN Meng is also strong from the FH, i think her tactics are a bit similar to HIRANO. I think the final will be to the player with the stronger mind. The level i believe is quite similar. HIRANO has the momentum, i believe and hope she can make it to clinch the title

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I sometimes don't feel CNT as a team treats Asian Champs with high priority.

World tournaments, they will conduct close training and prepare mentally for "each" opponent.
But come Asian champs, we always see the mens loosing unexpectedly...

Does that mean, if CNT doesn't do close training, they are vulnerable to be beaten....

This Asian champ is a shocker for me, for both mens and womens single result
Alarm bells went off indeed

I don't think that china doesn't treats Asian Champs with high priority. They sent all of their big guns. I feel that they didn't do 'special preparations' and at the same time coaches expected them to win every single match (against foreigners). This put the players under high pressure and they lost their confidence.