Fan Zhendong vs Wang Chuqin 4:1
Zhang Jike vs Liu Jikang 4:2
Xu Xin vs Zhou Yu 4:3
Afternoon:
Ma Long vs Kong Lingxuan 4:1
Zhang Jike vs Zheng Peifeng 4:0
Fan Zhendong vs Yan An 4:0
Xu Xin vs Zhou Kai 4:1

Hi Rainevereverr are these matches televised?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
you dont win 3 chinese by luck and even against ding ning hirano had 7 unforced errors and 7 winners in the last set. ding ning 1 winner 1 unforced error. so it was all dominated by hirano, she created opportunitities ding ning didnt create almost nothing.

If hirano polishes her game the she will beat ding ning even more convincingly, DN lacks power and imagination

DN might not have an impressive style of play but she knows what she is doing. WTTC and Olympics titles dont come by fluke either. She is a fighter and thats what I like about her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Results of women's (BO5 for doubles)
Afternoon:
Wu Yang vs Sun Yingsha 0:4
Mu Zi vs Chen Xingtong 4:1
Zhu Yuling/Chen Meng vs Wang Manyu/Chen Ke 3:2
Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen vs Liu Fei/Hu Limei 3:0

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Actually they are friends since teenager....
Nowadays CNT does not have fixed doubles pairs. They try all kinds of combinations to make sure that any pair from their Olympic line-up can win major titles. For example, Ma Long/Xu Xin won 2011 WTTC (they were runner-up in 2009 WTTC); Ma Long/Zhang Jike won 2014 Asian Games; Zhang Jike/Xu Xin won 2015 WTTC. Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen were runner-up in 2013 WTTC and Liu Shiwen/Zhu Yuling won 2015 WTTC. It makes sense to send Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen and Zhu Yuling/Chen Meng this year.

This year, China National Games allows free pairing across provinces for the first time. And it is said that players contacted each other to form pairs (well, not necessarily the best friends, but surely someone they trust). Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen paired again and so did Ma Long/Xu Xin.

Are Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen actually friends?
Because I would not expect that, yet they often play doubles.
Who picks who will play who in the doubles?
Players or people in charge?

Reactions: shinshiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
DN might not have an impressive style of play but she knows what she is doing. WTTC and Olympics titles dont come by fluke either. She is a fighter and thats what I like about her.

She is no doubt. I just dont like one dimensional play and as I said keeping the ball on the table is also a way to win no matter how good your opponent is

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Actually they are friends since teenager....
Nowadays CNT does not have fixed doubles pairs. They try all kinds of combinations to make sure that any pair from their Olympic line-up can win major titles. For example, Ma Long/Xu Xin won 2011 WTTC (they were runner-up in 2009 WTTC); Ma Long/Zhang Jike won 2014 Asian Games; Zhang Jike/Xu Xin won 2015 WTTC. Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen were runner-up in 2013 WTTC and Liu Shiwen/Zhu Yuling won 2015 WTTC. It makes sense to send Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen and Zhu Yuling/Chen Meng this year.

This year, China National Games allows free pairing across provinces for the first time. And it is said that players contacted each other to form pairs (well, not necessarily the best friends, but surely someone they trust). Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen paired again and so did Ma Long/Xu Xin.

I thought Ma Long is playing with Timo Boll..
Or am I mistaken?
And - question - if Ma Long is playing doubles with Timo Boll, what would chinese coaches like more:
To Ma Long and Timo Boll take the title or the other pure chinese doubles pair? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
You missed my point. In recent years, after a pair from potential Olympic line-up won major titles (WTTC, Asian Games), it is less likely that CNT sends that same pair again to attend the major tournaments (one exception, Zhu Yuling/Chen Meng won 2014 Asian Games). And if a pair has not won major titles, CNT will give them some more chances, like Ding Ning/Liu Shiwen pair and Xu Xin/Fan Zhendong pair (they lost to Ma Long/Zhang Jike in 2014 Asian Games). Free pairings between players are only allowed in national tournaments.

Ma Long/Timo Boll pair is another story. In 2015, the original plan of CNT was Ma Long/Fan Zhendong and Zhang Jike/Xu Xin (not Ma Long/Xu Xin because they won 2011 WTTC; not Ma Long/Zhang Jike because they won 2014 Asian Games; Zhang Jike/Xu Xin did not have major titles at that time and they were more likely to attend 2016 Rio compared to Fan Zhendong and needed to be ready for doubles in team events). Liu Guoliang first planned 3 mixed doubles across countries to draw attention but two pairs (Zhang Jike/Ai Fukuhara and Ma Long/Ariel Hsing) did not work out. Timo Boll requested pairing with Ma Long two months before CNT announced 2015 line-up and Liu Guoliang said it was a compromise because he really wanted to catch people's eyes.

This year, Xu Xin/Fan Zhendong have to prove themselves and Ma Long/Timo Boll are more or less an advocate.

I thought Ma Long is playing with Timo Boll..
Or am I mistaken?
And - question - if Ma Long is playing doubles with Timo Boll, what would chinese coaches like more:
To Ma Long and Timo Boll take the title or the other pure chinese doubles pair? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Michal_Z and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I guess ding ning is getting reading for CNT 's new song for WTTC
http://tw.weibo.com/5056307415/4102692299835248

Also a few part of zhang jike and ma long's training in gif file ( I couldnt find the full one)

006yZyTfgy1ff66z5chngg30a00dc7wi.jpg

Last edited: