CNT Closed Training for WTTC 2017

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
IDK , I never liked Ding ning to be honest , Li Xiaoxia was my favorite , I loved it when she played with those totally uncool pants on when they forced her to wear skirt , even LSW seems more straightforward to me than Ding Ning ... that whole episode of her crying after being called on her serve was the last straw for me, it was just a ridiculous attempt to draw sympathy , like a lot of other players she does throw the ball back and being a lefty it adds an unfair advantage in service , so as long as the umpire was being uniform on both players about the interpretation of the rule I did not see an issue and she always had her tomahawk serve to fall back on , she went on cribbing she just has two serves ... and then there was that whole injury drama when she played LSW in the finals which LSW was winning till she threw that fit ... all in all she is a drama queen and just happens to have a lot of supporters

On london final LXX would have won anyway, that match was total domination. The serve of ding ning is illegal but LXX is used to it (no unfair advantage there) so the umpire should not interfere.

What annoys me is her playstyle, she just puts the ball back no creativity no fantasy nothing unique to admire but lets face it, putting the ball back and wait for opponent to make a mistake is also a way to win and it got her 2 world champs and 1 olympic title.

Especially the last world champ and olympic final was on the hands of LSW and LXX and they basically threw the match on their own errors and after the rio final I almost never bother to watch a DN match because she is so boring. LSW CM ZY and MuZi are always fun to watch and feng yalan was a huge surprise for me in 2016 super league. Also that tall girl wang manyu is a total beast but needs to be polished since she is so young

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Ding Ning admitted that she was not fully prepared for the challenges from Miu Hirano. She said she lost the focus and played very conservatively. She mentioned she was not used to the ball, even in the team events. And she was sick and uncomfortable those days although she tried to cheer herself up but failed.
cache.php

And of course Liu Shiwen did not complain about Kong Linghui directly.
cache.php

I have got these translations from another site. Chen Meng's analyses is really good:
Ding Ning - I attribute the loss to the ball, and my ailing mind and body.
Liu Shiwen - My shoulder injury flared up again during the team's event, and thanks to the ball and getting grounded by KLH, my form was less than perfect.

Chen Meng - "My heart hurt so bad upon the defeat. Words can't describe my feeling when the Japanese flag was raised...I knew before the final that this match was going to be hard-fought, but never had I thought I would lose." Basically, Hirano played differently from what she expected. Before this final, she never found Hirano's game to be particularly difficult to handle. She was confident in her own backhand to be superior to Hirano's. Given Hirano's shorter height, she believed her shot quality could open up the angle. Her only worry was Hirano's serve, which didn't pose much threat at the CTTSL. Those points ultimately led to her less-than-comprehensive preparation. Reviewing Hirano's match recordings against LSW and ZYL, Hirano showed the tendency to loop to the backhand side on shots to her forehand crossover. But in the final, Hirano looped twice to her wide forehand instead, before looping to her backhand.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Baal, I wanted to send you private message, so we wouldnt be off topic here, but your inbox is full, so maybe next time..

Thx for letting me know. I will delete some.

Reactions: Ot Ot
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
On london final LXX would have won anyway, that match was total domination. The serve of ding ning is illegal but LXX is used to it (no unfair advantage there) so the umpire should not interfere.

What annoys me is her playstyle, she just puts the ball back no creativity no fantasy nothing unique to admire but lets face it, putting the ball back and wait for opponent to make a mistake is also a way to win and it got her 2 world champs and 1 olympic title.

Especially the last world champ and olympic final was on the hands of LSW and LXX and they basically threw the match on their own errors and after the rio final I almost never bother to watch a DN match because she is so boring. LSW CM ZY and MuZi are always fun to watch and feng yalan was a huge surprise for me in 2016 super league. Also that tall girl wang manyu is a total beast but needs to be polished since she is so young

I followed Wang Manyu since the CSL. i like her style. I don't remember her results against Hirano but I am sure she is going to be a handful for her competitors in the future. I don't read much into Hirano's win in Asia Champs. She had a lucky win against DN. ZYL was not in her elements and CM is not one of the top CNT players anyway. Lets wait for the WTTC and see where she actually stands.

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I followed Wang Manyu since the CSL. i like her style. I don't remember her results against Hirano but I am sure she is going to be a handful for her competitors in the future. I don't read much into Hirano's win in Asia Champs. She had a lucky win against DN. ZYL was not in her elements and CM is not one of the top CNT players anyway. Lets wait for the WTTC and she where she actually stands.
Well his friend ishikawa kazumi proved every one that his championship in asia could have been luck probably

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Results of the matches this morning:
Ding Ning vs Zhang Rui 4:0
Chen Meng vs Wang Manyu 4:2
Liu Shiwen vs Chen Xingtong 4:1
Zhu Yuling vs Che Xiaoxi 3:4

Men's team training video posted by Liu Guoliang

zhu yulling hasnt found her form yet . what about men's team rain ??? when will they play ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
IDK , I never liked Ding ning to be honest , Li Xiaoxia was my favorite , I loved it when she played with those totally uncool pants on when they forced her to wear skirt , even LSW seems more straightforward to me than Ding Ning ... that whole episode of her crying after being called on her serve was the last straw for me, it was just a ridiculous attempt to draw sympathy , like a lot of other players she does throw the ball back and being a lefty it adds an unfair advantage in service , so as long as the umpire was being uniform on both players about the interpretation of the rule I did not see an issue and she always had her tomahawk serve to fall back on , she went on cribbing she just has two serves ... and then there was that whole injury drama when she played LSW in the finals which LSW was winning till she threw that fit ... all in all she is a drama queen and just happens to have a lot of supporters

I totally agree!!!!!!
Not being all the drama around, she would never beat LSW in that final..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I don't serve my tongue but I eat whatever I like or tastes good. Watching what we eat is important but the problem is people usually get carried away with it and then we end up with eating disorders. (You don't see many of those in China or the East) The point is to draw a line between eating what you like and eating healthy.
I personally found a way how to eat healthy and eat what I really like.
Me and my family, we eat delicious stuff and also a healthy stuff.
But no sugar in it. No milk, no white flour..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I followed Wang Manyu since the CSL. i like her style. I don't remember her results against Hirano but I am sure she is going to be a handful for her competitors in the future. I don't read much into Hirano's win in Asia Champs. She had a lucky win against DN. ZYL was not in her elements and CM is not one of the top CNT players anyway. Lets wait for the WTTC and see where she actually stands.

you dont win 3 chinese by luck and even against ding ning hirano had 7 unforced errors and 7 winners in the last set. ding ning 1 winner 1 unforced error. so it was all dominated by hirano, she created opportunitities ding ning didnt create almost nothing.

If hirano polishes her game the she will beat ding ning even more convincingly, DN lacks power and imagination

Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Also, compared to men like Zhang Jike or Ma Long her technique looks pretty inconsistent. Maybe, she is not used to get so much backspin?