This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
CM kept missing the party. It's about time for her turn.

Yes, I mean she did say during one of the earlier interviews that she wishes to meet Ito to ascertain if the Japanese player is as strong as everyone made her out to be. But ZYL also said the same uh. Looking forward to new clip from you if that ever happens – "Thank you for the freebie" and "Oopsie".

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
At the end of the day, DN lacks kill shots and speed so she is unable to replicate SYS's tactics. She does very well at varying the pace, slowing the rallies and hitting wide angles to throw off Ito but at crucial moments her FH just doesn't suffice and she doesn't use her left-handed BH well enough to target her right-handed opponent's FH. My two-cents.

Since the floodgate has collapsed, will we witness the triple massacre again this Open?

At this very moment if I were ZYL, "I'm gonna make sure I lose the SF tomorrow to CM so that I don't have to undergo the same torment again in the event that WMY falls too".

I for one would hazard to guess ZYL is pretty much hellbent on getting a rematch. In the end, a victory is the only redemption for such a savage defeat.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It struck me how many balls DN played with strong spin and high arc instead going for a power loop with a closed racket angle to get the ball to dip harder. I didn't see her trying that once. And if she doesn't try it how do we know it won't work? You need to solve you opponent somehow and if the current strategy clearly isn't working then one is an idiot for doing the same stuff over and over and expecting a different result. Einstein said that :) From a player perspective with nerves and everything going on in the match it can be hard to perceive exactly what needs to be changed but I think this was a wasted match. It was pretty obvious Ito got a lot of balls right in her strike zone. Like playing Falck, you want to minimize the number of high balls on his fh, on serves and open play.

Well, you watched the match, you can tell me how effective his coaching was. I know enough about TT to tell when a coach is BSing.

Reactions: Vlad Celler