Welcome to TableTennisDaily 3.0 - Bug Report

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Not related to the site, but 365dayloans should probably be banned.

Screenshot_20230125_081030.png

P.S.: Attaching images works flawlessly, hurrah!

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hey Latej, do you mean in your private messages from users? Or do you mean from forum posts when you open a topic?

Yes, the forum posts.

If I remember correctly, there used to be a setting "Thread view", with options. I set "Latest first" long time ago. It's good if you follow a thread, you see someone posts (perhaps even with notification), you make 1 click and see it. I'd expect it should be the default :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Not related to the site, but 365dayloans should probably be banned.

View attachment 24188
P.S.: Attaching images works flawlessly, hurrah!

Yeah we're just resolving this spam issue at the moment. Good spot thought!

Agreed, image upload is AMAZING!!

Yes, the forum posts.

Gotcha! Something we will look into. Have you tried this button? This takes you to the latest post you haven't read.

latestpost.jpg

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yes, the forum posts.

If I remember correctly, there used to be a setting "Thread view", with options. I set "Latest first" long time ago. It's good if you follow a thread, you see someone posts (perhaps even with notification), you make 1 click and see it. I'd expect it should be the default :)

Awesome, we will look into this, I know what you mean now 🏓

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
It looks like everyone (other than site administrators) has become a "New Member." I think previously there were categories like New, Established, Advanced, etc.
I'm not sure if it adds anything to the site to have these categories but, if you're not going to have them and everyone's just going to be a "New Member", then perhaps just scrap it altogether?

Reactions: jammmail and Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Gotcha! Something we will look into. Have you tried this button? This takes you to the latest post you haven't read.View attachment 24190

Thanks, it's useful for me.

Another setting which I'd welcome is something like "Clear notification when I open the thread". I'll try to explain. Sometimes I interact with the thread, and I get notifications, but I don't go to the thread via the click on notification, because already on the main-page I see someone (I see the name of the last poster), and so I click there. It takes me to the message. But then later, I have 4 red notifications, which I have to manually clear, and I go there and click those [x] buttons (or used to do so in the last version). Just mentioning - I'm not sure perhaps it works differently in the v3.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It looks like everyone (other than site administrators) has become a "New Member." I think previously there were categories like New, Established, Advanced, etc.
I'm not sure if it adds anything to the site to have these categories but, if you're not going to have them and everyone's just going to be a "New Member", then perhaps just scrap it altogether?

Good spot! Will get this updated asap, thanks for the feedback @Manto76

Thanks, it's useful for me.

Another setting which I'd welcome is something like "Clear notification when I open the thread". I'll try to explain. Sometimes I interact with the thread, and I get notifications, but I don't go to the thread via the click on notification, because already on the main-page I see someone (I see the name of the last poster), and so I click there. It takes me to the message. But then later, I have 4 red notifications, which I have to manually clear, and I go there and click those [x] buttons (or used to do so in the last version). Just mentioning - I'm not sure perhaps it works differently in the v3.

Hey @latej is this happening even now on the new update?

This user has no status.
Little annoying bug with longer posts:
If your post reaches the point you can scroll through it while writing and you press enter, the position you are writing "disappeares" below instead of scrolling down the moment you press enter.

To clarify: If your post is long enough so you get the scrollbar, the moment you press enter the scrollbar doesnt follow your position at which you are writing. So if you keep writing at this position you cant see what you are writing^^
Not critical but definitly annoying.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@Dan thans for the awesome opportunity to share knowledge and chat with people around the world about table tennis. Great redesign!

Now back to discussing hurricane 3 and boosting...
Haha this cracked me up! It's a pleasure to have you on here! Glad you like the new design and experience 🙌 🏓

• Haha
Reactions: jammmail

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Little annoying bug with longer posts:
If your post reaches the point you can scroll through it while writing and you press enter, the position you are writing "disappeares" below instead of scrolling down the moment you press enter.

To clarify: If your post is long enough so you get the scrollbar, the moment you press enter the scrollbar doesnt follow your position at which you are writing. So if you keep writing at this position you cant see what you are writing^^
Not critical but definitly annoying.

Hi @Attitude just a quick one. Have you tested this issue since the update? I have tried to recreate this issue and my text doesn't get lost when typing long posts.

This user has no status.
Hi @Attitude just a quick one. Have you tested this issue since the update? I have tried to recreate this issue and my text doesn't get lost when typing long posts.
Well i just posted a review and it appeared throughout the post.

Just checked it here, in a normal post. The writingposition goes below, but the moment you write something the bar scrolls down automatically and you can see what you are writing. Exactly that reaction didnt happen in my reviewpost, so it probably only happen with new threadstarterposts.

EDIT: Scratch that. It is the main scrollbar (the one for the entire website) that doesnt move with your writingposition. Not sure if that is adjustable though.
So the scrollbar WITHIN the post in which you are writing is reacting as mentioned above, just the scrollbar for the website itself doesnt follow, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well i just posted a review and it appeared throughout the post.

Just checked it here, in a normal post. The writingposition goes below, but the moment you write something the bar scrolls down automatically and you can see what you are writing. Exactly that reaction didnt happen in my reviewpost, so it probably only happen with new threadstarterposts.
Okay got it, we will investigate it 💪 Thanks for letting us know:)

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
just liked your post.
did I crash it :)
The test was for someone else to try reacting to a post after you reacted to it. TTD 2.0 was full of SQL injection issues and the ' in your handle caused issues. But TTD 3.0 is working fine - thanks for fixing it team TTD!