Hurricane H3 with curly tail

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Took this off a blade because i needed the space.
Rubber came off curled.
Rubber was originally boosted months ago with 2 layers of Seamoon.
Rubber is PATAA 14 16 220/39

I tried to "uncurl" it by giving 2 new coats of Seamoon but no effect.
Anybody has had similar things happening ? It sure is a first for me

IMG20230203092449.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20230203092504.jpg
    IMG20230203092504.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Wow
Reactions: JeffM
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Same with h3, it wouldn't uncurl; the rubber is probably dead by now. It's time to switch.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I've seen slight reverse doming and shrinking but not nearly as extreme.
Maybe a bad batch of Seamoon? Will watch my recently bought and boosted H3s and H3N if that happens.
thanks for your kind input.
I have used the same bottle of seamoon on several other rubbers with success. Do you think there is a way that the booster actually can get off ??
I just checked , I got the booster from the BEO store via Aliexpress

Order date: Jun 28, 2022
Order ID: 8151680406239019Cop

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
thanks for your kind input.
I have used the same bottle of seamoon on several other rubbers with success. Do you think there is a way that the booster actually can get off ??
I just checked , I got the booster from the BEO store via Aliexpress

Order date: Jun 28, 2022
Order ID: 8151680406239019Cop

Got the first Seamoons from AliExpress/Chinese PingPong and the one I'm using now just recently from TT11. The printing on the one from TT11 says 2021 but worked as expected ;)
Can the booster get off? Good question, I think Pong Professor aka Patrick Hrdlicka could answer that. He should also be able to get his hands on the equipment necessary to tell us what these boosters are made of ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
It is normal to reverse dome (but that dome is pretty extreme), but it is weird that reapplying layers of seamoon didn't re-dome the rubber especially since this is only the second application. Strange:unsure:

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yes, normally it is just a little bit domed and can be re glued and fitted.
If i feel gluing cold be a bit of a problem, 1 layer of seamoon does the trick
The mystery continues.

Maybe my problem is 2 problems, the first one would be the curled piggy skin
the second one my Seamoon has gone pear-shaped.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
you are welcome

• Wow
This user has no status.
Got the first Seamoons from AliExpress/Chinese PingPong and the one I'm using now just recently from TT11. The printing on the one from TT11 says 2021 but worked as expected ;)
Can the booster get off? Good question, I think Pong Professor aka Patrick Hrdlicka could answer that. He should also be able to get his hands on the equipment necessary to tell us what these boosters are made of ;)
Seamoon is composed of:
SECTION 3. Composition / information on ingredients The difference between the single product and mixture: Mixture Substance name Conc. (%) CAS.
  • Natural Rubber 60% 9006-04-6
  • Ethylenediamine 40% 107-15-3

Reactions: ttarc
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
well, myth no 2 is solved, my bottle of seamoon , still 2/3 full, is fu%*d.
This one has 2022 written on it . Unfortunately it never came with a manual and advise how to store it. Maybe it got too warm for it and maybe too cold.

Myth no 2 is still unresolved, how did the rubber curled so much the wrong way. Only consolation is that Tony's video shows that it happens on every continent.

NEW : Myth no 3, what is in the big blue bottle and is he going to sen me one ? :devilish::D

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
just arrived, my conversation with the shop i bought the Seamoon from.
Might be good to know :

hello, just wondering if you have an answer. My booster has stopped working. I got more than half the bottle left. What can be the reason ?????
Read

Order ID: 8151680406239019Order placed on: Jun 28, 2022
Read

Order Number #8151680406239019
S1fccc686104f4d8daebf11d73b661ee1o.jpg

ITTF Approve HAIFU SEA MOON Professional Table Tennis Rubber Solubility Bond Booster/ Bond Oil/ VOC Tune Glue 100ml
交易完成
USD 17.98

Dear customer, it is usually used up within 4 months after opening

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I understand the frustration of the OP very well. I do have the same problem everytime I remove a H3. What helps for me is cleaning the old glue and then applying booster again. It straighten the rubber and even gives a little dome, but way smaller than the first time boosting.
Generally I could mentally support the whole procedure if there wasn't the hassle of removing the old glue

This user has no status.
I understand the frustration of the OP very well. I do have the same problem everytime I remove a H3. What helps for me is cleaning the old glue and then applying booster again. It straighten the rubber and even gives a little dome, but way smaller than the first time boosting.
Generally I could mentally support the whole procedure if there wasn't the hassle of removing the old glue
It is perfectly understandable that the rubber will be bent to the other side. The top sheet is stretched and the sponge has shrunk. Yes, the correct procedure if you want to restart the rubber with a booster, remove the old glue, apply one layer of booster, then put glue again and finally a layer of booster. Don't overdo it with the booster, otherwise you will degrade the rubber, it will be too switched and the throw angle will change, it will be high.