Dimitrij Ovtcharov Uses Pre-Made Bat vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Dan / Tom be like: I live in the UK and not in Mericah! The only number I care is ITTF WR Number.

You mean WTT WR haha
Please don't go there

WTT WR is the worse thing for world ranking. Its not fair (too many Chinese entries, while the rule of entry per country is broken only by China and no one else) and for non Chinese or non Asian who has zero points due to Covid. It is impossible to catch up to WR50 compared to the previous 1 or 2 (older) system.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Then i'm not going to help you answer here and hijack Dan and Dima's thread. Since I posted so much coaching article in hundreds of threads over the past 10 years lol
By the way, even from your little remark here, anybody can clearly see that you don't really have the heart of a real coach or teacher or pastor or father. A real coach loves to pour himself into his students and watch them grow and conquer their challenges. A real coach would never withhold beneficial teaching just to spite their student or "get back" at them.

You on the other hand want everybody to think of you as some wise, philosophical, teacher type. You don't have the real heart of a coach, but you want people to think you are such a great deep and inspirational person because of your teaching and coaching. You are one of the most pharisaical people I have encountered because you are after your own honor.

I know you're going to respond with how many people you have taught and how many lives you have impacted and ask others to google your community service. I've never felt that you enjoy imparting knowledge to anybody, but you like to puff yourself up as some all-knowing wise teacher.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
By the way, even from your little remark here, anybody can clearly see that you don't really have the heart of a real coach or teacher or pastor or father. A real coach loves to pour himself into his students and watch them grow and conquer their challenges. A real coach would never withhold beneficial teaching just to spite their student or "get back" at them.

You on the other hand want everybody to think of you as some wise, philosophical, teacher type. You don't have the real heart of a coach, but you want people to think you are such a great deep and inspirational person because of your teaching and coaching. You are one of the most pharisaical people I have encountered because you are after your own honor.

I know you're going to respond with how many people you have taught and how many lives you have impacted and ask others to google your community service. I've never felt that you enjoy imparting knowledge to anybody, but you like to puff yourself up as some all-knowing wise teacher.
haha

a real student will answer with a level when asked what level (nothing to be embarrassed about by hiding it)
you might be too high of a level for me right?

I might not be a real coach, but you also not a sincere student who wants to learn

Brokenball is the first on the ignore list (I didn't even know there was one until last week)
you the second.
won't waste my time reading your 1000 questions on how this rubber or that blade plays. There are plenty of answers in existing threads - using your own medicine to cure yourself - search for the answer!

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great match and video! Always love seeing Dima on TTD. Keep it up!

Glad you enjoyed the vid @TampaBayTableTennis Yeah DIma is great, always has so much to give!

Who cares. Dan is still the man!
Dima is the one who stopped the match, went to the other table to finetune his hand in order to win which is against the rules! :cool:

Haha that multi ball session definitely helped Dima :ROFLMAO: What's funny is he played 2 shots on the backhand and forehand and that was enough for him to adjust haha

The big takeway is that with a pre-made bat Dima can still outclass 99.9% of us mere mortals

Haha that's actually crazy to think!

Dima missed several similar FH hits in the first 2/3rd of the set because of the premade lacking some punch, which he wouldn't have missed as much had he given himself 10-15 more minutes of warm up. He could have also not gone for some of these higher risk shots and just controlled the serve-receive.

I love his casual yet humble trash talking and laughing!

His trash talking was hilarious. Giggling to himself, quality guy!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What would Dan's USATT score be? like 2500?

Hey @TensorBackhand so a lot of guys have discussed this on here. I saw someone say I'd be around 2300-2400 I think that's about right. I've played a few players in this region and was level with them, could have gone either way.

Maybe I need to play some US events and get a ranking to find out 😁

Do you think Dan's better than Craig Bryant?
Not even close.
There's a big difference between a strong amateur and a true professional even when their individual strokes are comparable.

I agree with @Tinykin here, Craig will have no problems with me really. His serve and receive is far too strong for me to impact my game on him. Craig's peak was England National Team level so he has a lot of experience.

Maybe I should challenge him one day at the HQ 😍

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hey @TensorBackhand so a lot of guys have discussed this on here. I saw someone say I'd be around 2300-2400 I think that's about right. I've played a few players in this region and was level with them, could have gone either way.

Maybe I need to play some US events and get a ranking to find out 😁

I agree with @Tinykin here, Craig will have no problems with me really. His serve and receive is far too strong for me to impact my game on him. Craig's peak was England National Team level so he has a lot of experience.

Maybe I should challenge him one day at the HQ 😍
Next US Open Dan!

And make Craig feel how real TTD pressure is!

says Aging is a killer
I ask because Bryant recently played in the US Open. He beat a 2400 player, and lost to a 2400 and a 2300 player, so his rating would be ~2400. If Dan is 2500 - 2600 then that would mean he's clearly a level above Bryant.

2500-2600 is typically what Chinese ex-provincial players are rated. Bryant could've been at that level during his peak years, but not now. No offense to Dan but I don't think he's quite that good.
I am not surprised at Craig's results. He's been retired now for at least a couple of years.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Next US Open Dan!

And make Craig feel how real TTD pressure is!

Oh I like it! Lets do it :love:

I am not surprised at Craig's results. He's been retired now for at least a couple of years.

Yeah, I feel in today's modern game with plastic ball etc you have to be training a lot to maintain a high level. With the celluloid ball you could maintain a very high level due to the feeling and purchase you could get on the ball through high feeling and skill with minimal training. Nowadays you need to maintain strong physical fitness and table time to compete at any level. It's tough out there now :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
@Dan
Oh I like it! Lets do it :love:

Yeah, I feel in today's modern game with plastic ball etc you have to be training a lot to maintain a high level. With the celluloid ball you could maintain a very high level due to the feeling and purchase you could get on the ball through high feeling and skill with minimal training. Nowadays you need to maintain strong physical fitness and table time to compete at any level. It's tough out there now :D

Not unless you get some Granny Ni DNA