Good Red/Coloured chinese-style rubbers

This user has no status.
Hi guys,

After my 11/11 EJ shopping spree, I already updating my wish list for future EJ purchases. I currently play black SP rubbers on my BH, which I really like and won't be changing soon.

I currently have Loki Rxton 3's which I like, but would like to try softer options for my FH as I am not blown away by them. I got a Friendship Dragon Pro-F Medium Soft in red on the way, which I am eager to try, but read about that the red is noticeably worse than the black variant of that rubber.

Can you guys advise Chinese/Sticky rubbers that are of good quality in red or other colours? Rubber should be available in H37 or H38 as thats the hardness I am aiming for.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think the Red color thing is a myth from the past. Maybe it was like that 30 years ago but I don't think it is true anymore.

However pro players tend to be highly superstitious and if they have done something and had success with it they will stick with it.

Reactions: mocker88 and enoxzr
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I
I think the Red color thing is a myth from the past. Maybe it was like that 30 years ago but I don't think it is true anymore.

However pro players tend to be highly superstitious and if they have done something and had success with it they will stick with it.
It is true, black hurricane 3 and battle 2 are much better. Especially the red battle 2 is borderline unplayable. That's because the red pigment makes for reduced tackiness and more hardness.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Hi guys,

After my 11/11 EJ shopping spree, I already updating my wish list for future EJ purchases. I currently play black SP rubbers on my BH, which I really like and won't be changing soon.

I currently have Loki Rxton 3's which I like, but would like to try softer options for my FH as I am not blown away by them. I got a Friendship Dragon Pro-F Medium Soft in red on the way, which I am eager to try, but read about that the red is noticeably worse than the black variant of that rubber.

Can you guys advise Chinese/Sticky rubbers that are of good quality in red or other colours? Rubber should be available in H37 or H38 as thats the hardness I am aiming for.

Looking forward to your suggestions!
Yinhe jupiter 3 Asia in red isn't that bad. But it is pretty hard to play with on BH. With booster - ok.
With a fast blade Yinhe Mercury 3 Asia in red is really good. (even w/o booster) Like a bit toned down German tensor.
Hurricane 8-80 in red is the same as in black

This user has no status.
I've since making this post ordered several rubbers and tried some of them, all in red.

So far I've found that only the Jupiter III is really tacky in Red. Bloom Power, Big Dipper and Pro Dragon-F are mildy tacky at best. Whereas I read that the J3, BP and BD should be about equally as tacky, for my red examples this was not the case.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
There is a backhand version of the Battle 2 in 37 degree hardness, which as far as I know is great in red, but I havent played with it yet. I know this just from talking to someone who has.
I have tried H3 Neo 37, H8 37, Big Dipper 38, Bloom Power 45, 47, Pro Dragon Medium/Soft, B3 38, B2 38 (commercial, provincial, national), B1 38.

B2 Soft 37 is the one I would recommend. Durability is good, price ok and boosts well.