This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
its all about timing
if Miwa was 3 or 4 years older and today she would of probably beaten CM

Miwa is going to be be there for a long time
very complete player.

But when she becomes super star level, who else is still young enough to share the space. Maybe only Hayata.
then who else will come up the ranks?

so this comes to the, correct timing, to have 3 that can take 3 off China.

Chinese women haven't been so vulnerable against foreigners ever.
(Singapore in 2010 was all Chinese trained)

Reactions: driversbeat

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Miwa is improving so fast over the last few months. Credit to her for getting it back together when she was almost crying early in the 4th.

CM just doesn't panic. Ever.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Could you guys identify any adjustments made by WYD? Me neither. Hirano Miu, thanks to the masterful direction of coach Ito, adjusted with banana flick receives. WYD kept on challenging Hirano with BH exchanges that she didn't have an advantage in. Another sign that Ma Lin really needs to retire!
You pointed out her shakiness, she is known for being an athlete, not a tactician, so don't blame Ma Lin entirely for that one

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
You pointed out her shakiness, she is known for being an athlete, not a tactician, so don't blame Ma Lin entirely for that one
Props to you NL, you never wavered from the Hirano bandwagon since 2017, no matter how she struggled at times. Belief she can win is strong from having won before, it showed today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Ah.....well, sad for Miwa and team Japan. I wanted Miwa to make history and Ma Lin to get fired, but they've both got plenty more chances. Really love Miwa's game, hope she continues to improve.

I still think Ma Lin is a poor coach. He doesn't make the necessary tactical adjustments, and he doesn't seem to do well to help his players' EQ either. With WYD's poor performance this time around, she's definitely out of the Olympics contention. It's gonna be SYS, WMY, and CM for sure now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Close play. I feel like China should have started WMY since she is more solid against non Chinese players. But would have wished Team Japan the win. They seem to play with so much joy. Nevertheless congrats that China took this one although quite narrowly.
They looked like they were having so much fun during that last time out! JNT is always just full of such lovable ladies.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I'm crying ... so close and so far at the same time...
It wasn't that far really. 8 - 6 to go up 2-1, and 7 - 5 for 2 all. Anything could happen at those scores, one net or edge swings it.

I'm pretty sure CM feels like it was close. She is just the perfect player to handle those situations, credit to China for putting her in the anchor match.

Reactions: dingyibvs

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
she is like Ma Long
speed has drop, so it is considered more risky
but both have more experience at crucial stage
but 5 months to go, will the body hold
WMY is more fragile than CM I think, physically. Kind of like Hayata injury prone. maybe WMY won't compete much to be safer for Olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It wasn't that far really. 8 - 6 to go up 2-1, and 7 - 5 for 2 all. Anything could happen at those scores, one net or edge swings it.

I'm pretty sure CM feels like it was close. She is just the perfect player to handle those situations, credit to China for putting her in the anchor match.
i counted about 2 service return and 2 rally errors that miwa just threw away.
she had a good rally and next ball gave back too easily.

she needs to learn to hold and not be overall aggressive. This is already better than her brother, but I felt in G2~G4, of the 4 that I picked up each game, if she could just do 1 or 2 better, then its really up for Chen to climb.
Miwa's lack of experience did just give it away a bit too much

the amount of BH unforce errors by over punching.... ai.....

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Never been on the Harimoto train especially considering her age, I think as someone said on this forum earlier; they were betting on the 2nd and 3rd game working out in their way. Perhaps betting on matches 1,2,3 would have a better strategy.

Again, like I've said earlier on this platform; On the big stage Japan is not treating Hirano fairly. Some folks was talking about the sancrosanct place for Hayata in the pecking order. Why is team picking Harimoto over Hirano to play 2 singles is the main question. There was shades of all of this in the XWTC but looks like nothing is gonna change. Hirano is playing in Singles in the Olympics, why not let her face SYS and CM in this competition?? She has better odds than Miwa even before the match simply because she's beaten them before. I fear Japan prioritizing Hayata and Miwa will put a dent to Miu's confidence. Even if Miwa is "champion" in Japan, she's still too young for the big stage. That 2-3 result is biting the JNT in the ass, when her stable state PCV against SYS has been 0-3. Anyway, the deed is done.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
France may be doing themselves a disservice by pushing Alexis and Felix.

Felix and Gauzy should probably be their two singles choices for the Olympics. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but apart from that spark against a FZD that was unfamiliar with his serves, Alexis hasn't done anything special except beating up his brother whenever they compete. I don't think that's much better than what Gauzy can bring to the table.
Alexis is the 2‐time defending/current national champion. He is also the second highest ranked player for the country. I understand why people feel down on him, but he has legitimately earned his spot. He has beaten 2 current CNT first team members in tour matches. Such players, it is better to work through their issues, whatever it may be because the ceiling is higher, especially playing at home.