Search results

  1. Long Pips Sideswipe: The Key Technique

    Correct. Serve flat and fat to my backhand is a good tactic
  2. Long Pips Sideswipe: The Key Technique

    Oh gosh, you’d hate me. I love that shot. Indeed it is disgusting, and so about 5 years ago I’d had enough of playing Penhold twiddlers and decided to give LP a go myself. Always had used SP but found LP pretty easy to convert to. You just have to be really pro-active on the blocks and punches...
  3. Long Pips Sideswipe: The Key Technique

    Robot is too flat, fast and heavy spin in general too. I consider it 50% muscle/lactic acid training, 50% technique check. Brutal workout when set to backspin. But yes, very unrealistic.
  4. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    My fav. player up now. Truls. Def. looks like he's dropped some weight. Damng. Looks confised in the 1st game though eh.
  5. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    I hate that in this match. It's flowing well. Brutal two net cords to save match point and then gain set point there for Kuai Man. V. Enjoyable match here
  6. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Sora beat the Tom Jarvis quite comfortably. Seemed to have a slight firepower advantage and a competitive edge. First time to see Jarvis play. Any relation to Nicky?
  7. Long Pips Sideswipe: The Key Technique

    Hadn’t thought about it but makes sense up to a point. Will experiment.
  8. Long Pips Sideswipe: The Key Technique

    LP sweep is a real weapon. Big fan. Lately I’m using a more attacking LP though and have much less ability to use it. P3aV and Feint 2 both excellent. Also trying to learn the Truls right to left chop block using LP. That is killer when it lands
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    No one gets me with that despite being almost old. I request that pattern in multi ball because I know I am a target for it. I have definitely used that as standard tactics Vs whipper snappers though. You gotta beat them by gnarl cuz you ain’t winning on loop strength. Also return long to FH...
  10. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    Same here. Using it for a month now. I play close to the table block and smash but want to use more loops so it's a good balanced counter hitting rubber for me that can also be used for more of an arc based attack. Relatively easy to get used to.
  11. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    That’s some delicious looking liquorice allsorts
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have merch for my record label but I feel it's a bit off topic for here. I did reference Waldner in a rap tune once though. Maybe that gets me a pass.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I'll try. I have a strong and flexible core so I think I can do that part. I also think I'm not putting anything like the power in to my right leg that I used to. When I did, I can see my left leg is not always doing a good job of pushing me back into a ready position so need to do some...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I play 1.8 on FH. Good for blocking. I'm not sure I could control a really thick sponge on the short game.
  15. Is 802 a good backhand rubber?

    Good rubber but I could only find it. 2mm which was too thick for me. I like this type of small diameter SP though. Hammond FA is my go to. Even smaller diameter I think
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Much appreciated. At the start I’m just blocking. I guess it’s my main thing though. I tend to do that and wait for openings to flat hit. Is it also similarly pushed in the ball machine and multi ball parts? I also think it’s stiff and short in general. I definitely want to be more proactive...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I was pretty nervous to post this considering the hammering some folks get when they upload their play. It’s almost a let down to get away with a few gratis likes. What’s a bro got to do to be mercilessly clowned around here? YouTube?
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Exactly same here. Embracing the challenge is key. Let's go.
Top