Search results

  1. Yay! I am a looper now, so what next?

    Nope, those wise guys can block it at the BH & counter-drive it on their FH. The only space I can get some wins are at the cross-over point but even so it is still a 50-50 gamble for me.
  2. Yay! I am a looper now, so what next?

    OK, I will take this to heart my good sir! Looping: It is something that I am starting to get into it not too long ago. I faced these issues as mentioned in post Nos. 1 and they are something new to me, Thank you for your pointers.
  3. Yay! I am a looper now, so what next?

    Once upon a time, comment about Gozo from TTD forum members: 1. Gozo you have no spin! 2. Gozo, you only flat hit ball, no spin! TT is all about spin! 3. Gozo, go learn to spin the ball! With those comment in mind, I learned how to be a looper. I paid good money to some local coach to learn how...
  4. My equipment: Am I an EJ?

    You qualify. You'll be receiving the Life Time Membership Card to the EJ Club soon.
  5. which coach is right

    I wish to add: If you rely only on one type of shot, your opponent will adapt and get familiarized. That is why variation is key. You need to keep your opponent guessing and have second thoughts & self-doubt.
  6. which coach is right

    This my good man, you have just discovered the difference strategic approach to TT between the China and Europe. European style vs Chinese style, pardon my parlance. Chinese style: Bom ba da bing ba da boom! One shot, knock-out punch. Why waste so much energy? Euro style: Let's us rally! Duel...
  7. Rank the Top 5 FH and BH in the world today!

    Best backhand? I nominate Bernie Szocs!
  8. First setup for basement player

    Confession of an ex-EJ, Now that I found what works for me, even though I look and see so many wonderful products, I dare not try anymore coz I know it will mess up my game and it is a bore. Cure of EJ comes at a price. My circle of interest has really shrunk.
  9. First setup for basement player

    Dear Holy Father, I have come to make a confession. I am no EJ, but rather ex-EJ.
  10. First setup for basement player

    If you are not using Butterfly product; you are just a basement player If you are using Butterfly product; you are a Hobby Player - Gozo Gozo: Helping EJs since 2021.
  11. ITTF Mixed Team World Cup 2024, Chengdu, 12/1-8

    Just treat it as spectating WTT Feeder event. Or WTT Youth. Be happy!
  12. New Forehand rubber

    it's amazing! It's fabulous! I recalled that 47.5 degree hardness was like the limit for amateur players during the heydays. These days even amateur players are using pro level equipment even though their training regime is not even 30% that of a pro. It's amazing! It's fabulous how things...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    G.O.A.T.(s) from different generation.
  14. Player income from WTT

    You guys got it all wrong. All of you upside-down. 1. WTT is a place for players to do social service. A place to give back to the TT society. 2. Players are expected to earn their bread and butter coaching and engage fan in ONLY FAN Social Media. 3. Endorsement deals with corporate bodies.
  15. Player income from WTT

    Their agents need to be creative: Lee Chong Wei the former World No. 1 in Badminton once became the brand ambassador for locks! Yes locks and key type of locks.
  16. Some Clips of me looping vs chopper

    Wait a minute, is the video match play or just loop practice? The way I see it, it looks like loop practice to me. If it is practice, consistency is key. If in practice, I would really hate if my partner give me balls that are all over the place.
  17. Some Clips of me looping vs chopper

    Very nice. If bend knee more, it would be supercalifragilistic!!!
Top