Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Not that thick, same as the V-, but Limba isn't as light as everyone thinks, it's closer to Koto in weight than Hinoki is to Limba. Wenge is very heavy, even with the ayous sub layers these handles came out with almost 30g, I had to hollow them a bit. Not sure which one you mean, the one with...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Nothing is tinted, this is just Wenge wood in all its glory. For that blade about 65g were for the blade itself without handles, the rest was the weight off the handle. The composition you asked wouldn't be much heavier, probably around 66g, maybe less if I used a less dense Ayous core. Sent...
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! The wood on the handle is wenge, there is also a thin stripe of purple heart but I didn't get as much contrast as I was hoping. The logo is nothing fancy, just a piece of engraved wood inserted into the handle. I don't do the engravings myself, but I'm working on a few solutions to allow...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    If you think this blade shares a great resemblance with another blade, whose name describes the natural technical abilities of a player that approaches the game in a cautious but offensive fashion... You ate absolutely right 😄 But that one is also inspired in another blade so I think I'm off the...
  5. FS: SDC Blades

    #167 sold
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    I got a commission for a blade a few months ago (the red one). The composition is very similar to a M. Maze, but the owner wanted a head shape with wider wings, and a handle closer to a Viscaria. He called it the "Black Lava". The thing is I messed up, so the blade came back for a repair. In...
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    There seems a lot of brands coming up with Acoustic style blades lately. This is my take on it, Limba top with paired with a thick medial Limba ply that gives a very nice feel. Available FS. Composition: Limba / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Limba Weight: 89.6g Thickness: 5.80mm Freq.: 1270Hz...
  8. FS: SDC Blades

    #124 sold
  9. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Oh ok, I just thought a 51º rubber would be a bit heavier.
  10. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    195g is still a very acceptable weight. Is the rubber light?
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Commission blade. Inner ZLC with a personalized handle shape. Composition: Limba / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / Limba Weight: 85.8g Thickness: 5.7mm Freq.: 1380 Hz Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
  12. FS: SDC Blades

    #183 Sold
  13. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    I had a blade here with the same composition as your's for quite some time (although not as heavy). After your review I decided to try it and I must agree with everything you said. I'm my opinion it pairs well with harder rubbers so the ETIKA will fit like a glove.
  14. Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

    Thanks for the review Der, I'm glad to hear the blade not only has the looks, but delivers on the table as well.
  15. Blade frequency

    Here it is [emoji846] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tnzuhP98Iwl3_ZYIKs770Z4GeEXB1cPaF6xXC3IMLfg/edit?usp=drivesdk Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  16. SDC Handmade Blades - website launch

    Thank you! I made my first horrible blade about two and a half years ago. Man, time passes quickly!
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    This team mate of mine is a very good player, he was even national level when he was younger. He plays very aggressively near the table, but it's funny how sometimes good players are completely clueless about the material they are using. He was told from a young age what to use by his coach...
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    A remake of one of my earliest builds for a team mate who wanted a spare. The handle is black walnut with his club colors. Composition: Black Limba / Limba / ALC / WRC / ALC / Limba / Black Limba Weight: 92.9g Thickness: 5.75mm Freq.: 1270 Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  19. SDC Handmade Blades - website launch

    Normally customers prefer to use PayPal because it's the safest choice for them, but I can also accept a bank transfer. Should have put that on the site actually. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  20. SDC Handmade Blades - website launch

    If anyone has ideas on sections or information I should add, feel free to share!
Top