Search results

  1. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    Before I retire to bed today, these are my parting thoughts: 1. I heard some who said to me, Gozo, why go and play when you have zero chance of winning? It is a waste of time ... bla bla bla... yadda yadda yadda.... 2. To these detractors, my view as follows: In this tournament, the orgainizer...
  2. 1-ply Hinoki with sticky rubber?

    I recall an old coach once told me; us amateur only need push, block and drive skill. Leave the bananas, strawberry tutti-fruities, power loop, loop kill to the professionals. But then he is old skool coach.
  3. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    My MS opponent: twenty years younger than I am, currently a full-time Table-Tennis coach and formerly represented Malaysia in International competition.
  4. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    Manage to bump into Ms Alice Chang, Malaysia Top Woman Player ( WR #170 )
  5. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    Not, because in one team only one National Player allowed. He is amateur player.
  6. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    Javern vs Coach Hoang Javern & Hoang are both Malaysia and Vietnam National Level player
  7. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    https://www.youtube.com/live/C5aC2ffqhWE?si=IW5x8lyfHvrpYukF Live!
  8. 1-ply Hinoki with sticky rubber?

    https://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/what-is-the-difference-between-topspin-and-loop-in-table-tennis/ This is Sensei Tom Loziak's view on loop vs drive. See if his view matches yours or not. Mark V should work. I used Butterfly Flextra and it worked wonderfully as a looping rubber. However...
  9. 1-ply Hinoki with sticky rubber?

    Happiness is when a little touch and the rubber does the rest for you. Driving a daddy type Toyota Camry automatic gear car can also be fun, you don't need a six speed manual WRX STI.
  10. 1-ply Hinoki with sticky rubber?

    Elderly players need to use elderly compatible equipment, don't be a hero and use product designed for 19 year old elite / collegiate athletes.
  11. Have you "successfully" learned Ma Long's Forehand technique?

    I wanted to copy Ma Long, I failed. I wanted to copy FZD, I failed. I wanted to copy Aruna, I failed. I wanted to copy Jang Woojin, I failed. I wanted to copy Tomokazu, I failed. In the end, the only FH I can do is Gozo(tm) style. Sighing in dejection.
  12. Have you "successfully" learned Ma Long's Forehand technique?

    Don't know what you mean but if you can post a video of your FH training, perhaps we can get an insight to what you mean?
  13. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    @longle , I showed the above posters to my mates and now there are seven more person shitting in their pants. To have a promotional posters before a tourney is just.... scary.
  14. how much rest is necessary?

    not more than three sessions of three hours per week or else my knees, ankles, calf, waist, shoulder muscles will go on mandatory union strike.
  15. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    Maybe I'll just be the water boy on that day...
  16. What the H3LL did I get myself into this time....

    shitting in my pants coz my its my first international level tourney.
  17. Feedback on my loops against backspin

    Over the table spin. I am thinking out loud, perhaps if one were to use a tacky / hybrid rubber, it would be easier to BH spin short / over the table ball.
Top