Search results

  1. Difference between the regular ESN sponge and the "bonus thick" ESN sponge?

    Those who complain that Z1 and its equivalent has poor touch and short play potential are missing some points. Z1 and its like are engineered to play modern offensive topspin loop. It does what it does. It supports the European stye of play, that is, mid to far table emphasizing powerful...
  2. Which is better value for money Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?

    To each his own and I have always enjoyed our wee TT tete-a-tete.
  3. Difference between the regular ESN sponge and the "bonus thick" ESN sponge?

    This is what my country pro TT athlete has to say about Donic Z series.
  4. Which is better value for money Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?

    Hi NDH, I took the D05 for a real play yesterday. I fare poorly. The ball just would not listen to me & had decided instead to move here and there as though it has a mind of its own. I reckon, could it be because I am off-form. To double check, I went back to my regular blade immediately and...
  5. Do you find a big difference between Max and 2.0mm tensor rubbers?

    Donne la liberte 2.3mm ou donne-moi la MORT! Give me 2.3mm or give me death! Psst: Donic / Andro has 2.3mm sponge with thin top-sheet :love:. Muacks! Luv you gaiz Donic/ Andro.
  6. double serve rules

    and the receiving team can decide who to receive. This is applicable to the very first serve of the game. After that it will follow a standard procedure.
  7. What are your TT goals for 2024?

    1. Stop buying rubbers. 2. Stop looking at equipment website / forum 3. Stick with only one set-up. 4. Why do I torture myself with resolution 1, 2 & 3?
  8. Is your club organizing a Year-end Tournament?

    Communicating btw partners using hand signal on what serves to use so that the other one knows tactically what to do next: where to stand, preparing for FH attack of BH attack, prepare weight to be centered on the Left feet or right feet. All these are vital communication for a successful...
  9. Sponge hardness on rubbers

    Speaking of sponge hardness, during the month of Dec-2023, I have the good fortune of sampling three distinct rubber, namely, Rozena ( the softest ), Tenergy 05 ( medium hard ) & Dignics 05 ( hardest of the three ). Rozena reminds me of Weetabix soaked in milk, its mushy, soft but hey! Some...
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My club internal doubles tournament. In this particular game, I won 3-1. For the uninitiated, I am the dude in black T-shirt with the Timo Boll style head gear. Some trivia: my new serves it seems got me many easy cheap points. I had been practicing literally thousand of times this pendulum...
  11. Is your club organizing a Year-end Tournament?

    Just came home from my club internal tourney. The result as follows: 1. Stage 1: Round Robin Format. There are six pairs per team. And there are two teams: A & B. I was placed in Team B. The first four pairs in terms of points get to go to the knock-out stage. Winners get two points while the...
  12. Is your club organizing a Year-end Tournament?

    Yes. Two Sat ago was the Singles event. Today ( Sat, 2023.12.30 ) is the doubles event. I missed the singles event due to scheduling conflicts, I will not miss this double event today.
  13. Downgrade bh rubber from tenergy05

    twenty years from now, I will be telling my grandchildren about Tenergy and how it was back in the days of Serperinger Seponge. Sriver and Mark V would have long been forgotten. They would probably be using 55 hardness or more and the ball will be the size of a tennis ball.
  14. Downgrade bh rubber from tenergy05

    Mark V both side LOL! Grandpa's setup.
  15. Downgrade bh rubber from tenergy05

    FH bigger swing. Hence you can take advantage of a more powerful rubber; harder sponger. BH shorter stroke you need a more trampolinish rubber to compensate for the weaker stroke. At least this was the ol'skool of thoughts.
  16. Blade to rubber combination thumbrules

    rule of thumb: 1. Hard rubber / flexy blade 2. Soft rubber / stiff blade if you are pro, your imagination is the limitation.
  17. Senior Magician. Moscow training Center.

    Each time Igor tries to troll, he gets trolled back x 1,000 times. Igor needs to buy How to Troll for Dummies for his X'mas present.
  18. Dignics05 and Tenergy05 hard alternative under 30$ hehee

    The marketing smarty-pants of Tamasu (Jp ) Ltd ( owner of Butterfly brand ) knows such questions exist in the mind of amateur players. Instead of them making a beeline to buy the competitors' product offering, Tamasu came out with Rozena & Glyzer. These are Butterfly's official cheaper...
  19. Downgrade bh rubber from tenergy05

    my experience with Rozena is different from yours. First off the Rozena I am using is a second hand sheet. Take this into account when I share my experience below. My experience: I use it on the BH side and FH side. The main adjective to describe Rozena: Control. It is definitely a tamed down...
Top