Search results

  1. Why are J-pen rackets so expensive?

    I wonder, is there any significant difference in terms of feeling between the original Kiso-Hinoki, China Cypress or American Cypress ( Hinoki )?
  2. A couple game videos, help me return serve better

    How do you come up with this stats statement? This is not a snarky remark but a genuine question. TQ.
  3. Why are J-pen rackets so expensive?

    I never knew about how wonderful it is to play with a one-ply-hinoki blade until I play again with my old five ply all wood blade. After the comparison I made up my mind; never shall I go back to multiple layer all-wood blade again. It is the same with a seven ply all wood blade. It is stiff...
  4. Why are J-pen rackets so expensive?

    Let me assist to recall your memory. You hated that blade so much, you threw it inside a woodchipper and never ever saw it again. #Hinoki4Life
  5. Which rubber to choose?

    I am giving Joola rubber the skip coz they gave them hard to pronunce shitty name, at least for me.
  6. Recommend Rubbers to Pair with new blade

    BH Cough ... Rozena cough! FH cough ... Glyzer 05 cough!
  7. Why are J-pen rackets so expensive?

    Show & Tell pls. I personally have not seen one. I need to broaden my horizon.
  8. Why are J-pen rackets so expensive?

    J-Pen are beloved because of using Kiso-Hinoki one ply as the construction material. The premium lies in the cost of material. Have you ever see J-Pen that is using ply wood or carbon fiber e.g. ALC or ZLC? My point exactly. J-Pen are for the purist. J-Pen are not for winning nice shinny plastic...
  9. Bluestar a1 vs k3 vs c53

    A1 too hard for me. K3 never use. C53 ... sounds interesting. I am sold on their Energy Cell marketing tag-line.
  10. Recommendations for a beginner + few questions

    Where is your sense of Nationalism? Team Romania is Tibhar sponsored. You must use Tibhar. So it is Tibhar Smasonov Pro with both side MXP for you, end of story. Next pls. Gozo: Helping the EJ community since 2021
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    No I am not in Vietnam.
  12. Racket recommendations

    Hello @ JJ Ng, I managed, by chance, to play with my old flame, i.e., Tibhar Stratus Powerwood with two Donic Baracuda yesterday. The player whom I sold my old blade to was at my old club and I was rekindled with it for a game or two out of nostalgia sake. I am writing to record my personal...
  13. Most tacky top sheet rubber in your experience.

    Friendship Battle 2 Provincial Blue Sponge.
  14. Should I give up using tensor on backhand?

    Previously in 2021 yes, he uses Timo Boll ALC with MXP but his latest is his own Tibhar's blade with Tibhar's K3 on both side. So, Migzkulit is correct. Source: https://pingsunday.com/darko-jorgic-equipment-and-playing-style/#Darko_Jorgic_equipment
  15. Is EJing good for improving?

    Awww geez Carl! That is so kind of you. You're the best! You have shown me that I am not a queer player and that there is someone great out there who also plays slappy-slappy TT. https://pingsunday.com/best-forehand-rubbers-table-tennis/ Refer to FH type No. 2. Matt & I are probably playing...
  16. Racket recommendations

    Contrary to popular belief, Gozo never jumped into a uber-fast set-up like what he is using now. Before I had proper coaching and was still an EJ slave, I tried many set-ups and one of them that made a positive impression on me was TSPW + two side Donic Baracuda. It was a looper's delight...
  17. Racket recommendations

    The conventional wisdom is to use G1 on FH ( or your strong side ) and R7 on BH ( weak side ) unless you have an inverted style, i.e., BH is stronger than FH. R7 is a more control / all-round oriented rubber whereas G1 ( relatively speaking ) is more offensive.
  18. Racket recommendations

    tibhar's stratus powerwood with donic baracuda rubber on both side.
Top