Search results

  1. Horrible backhand, stiff wrist.

    Oh OK, I'll go play with some Pickleballs now. 😭
  2. Horrible backhand, stiff wrist.

    pls elaborate.
  3. Horrible backhand, stiff wrist.

    Your opponent, the dude in green t-shirt has a pretty decent BH. Why don't you ask him? Some generic / general BH technical advises: 1. Bend your legs, like do a half squat to lower your center of gravity 2. Make sure the ball is in front of you as opposed to ball slightly to the side for FH...
  4. WTT Macao 2023

    Jang Woojin; the Korean Ma Long clone
  5. AI Experts, can AI produce theoretical match between 2 players?

    Such a technology is a abhorrence to the booking / bookmaker industry.
  6. Blades with Carbon (ALC) for someone with strong BH

    TLDR VEEZ KAR RIARH
  7. WTT Macao 2023

    1. Should CM or CXT wins it just another day at the office. No cheer & no party. 2. I bet in the Romanian camp, there will be free flow of champagne and sausages and plenty of folk dancing. 3. Just look at Bernie's reaction! I am so happy for her, even though I am ambivalence on who wins or lose.
  8. What's wrong with coach Ma Lin ?

    This is so deep. 🤣
  9. Why do only Chinese players use DHS rubbers?

    Ultimately: 1. Tacky Chinese or Bouncy ESN or Grippy Japanese rubber is dependent on user preference as stated by Turbozed. 2. Tacky Chinese or Bouncy ESN or Grippy Japanese rubber is dependent on availability of coach that is proficient in teaching it or not as in my case. 3. For example in my...
  10. Why do only Chinese players use DHS rubbers?

    OP should have rephrase from Non-Chinese to European, meaning why doesn't the ethnic European / Caucasian uses H3? And I believe the answer is unfamiliarity and no coach who is able to teach chinese style. It is like asking the Ukrainian pilot to fly F35 / F18 or Nato pilot to fly MIGs. Same...
  11. Why do only Chinese players use DHS rubbers?

    I originally came from Chinese rubber and after some lessons with my current coach, he told me to ditch it in favour of Japanese rubber. He said Chinese rubber needs a different kind of play style / body mechanics and he does not know how to teach that. My point is, coach plays a very important...
  12. Why do I get so nervous when playing a match?

    See the above video I shared? This happens during the first two serves of my first set. I have done these type of serves ( normal pendulum ) thousands of times. And I still blunder them during a tourney. Why did it happen? It could be for a myriad of reasons and I reckon mine, at that moment...
  13. Video Footage Safe Thread

    1. Blinding speed: I like that, I like that a lot. Fast & Furious, my kind of play style. Bluestorm Z1 anyone? 2. BH loop against cut balls all the time? Unfortunately this is also what my coach wants me to do. Bloody hell, he wants me to be aggressive 110% all the time. I am not so good yet...
  14. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Hear Hear USDC, What you say is in line with what my coach said to me. Here is what he said, " Gozo, why you stand there? You watch ball after serve. Are you a player or spectator? " ( 您 是 旁 观 者 还 是 球 手 ? ) N/B: Now say the above in English with a Nigel Ng / Uncle Roger accent for extra...
  15. Why do only Chinese players use DHS rubbers?

    By the order of the Politburo Komitee of Sports and Kultural Ministry: under Konstitution Artikel IXII. All National and Provincial Player should use product made in the Motherland. Any infringement, such player shall be sent to re-education camp to foster nationalism for three years while...
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My point I want to highlight is that I do have the skill-set for the individual techniques, but my problem and certainly many hobby players have difficulty implementing them in an smooth and effective sequence in match play. I guess I do not have adequate randomness training.
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Showcasing my FH loop against cut balls:
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Some highlights to showcase my BH topspin against cut balls and blocks against opponent loops. E-N-J-O-Y!
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The above is my MS game. I lost 1 - 3. Some commentary: 1. I arrived 30 mins prior to game time. After getting parking and putting on my gears, I am left with less than ten mins of warm-up time before my name was called. 2. The hall was without air-conditioning and it was two in the afternoon...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As the result is less than spectacular instead of showing you my footage I shall show you some touristy images. a free curry rice, chicken wing and beer. Its close to midnight now and the street food scene is still going strong.
Top